Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
Hay I wanna know others opinions on this subject. Would u or do u think it's okay to put make up on a toddler or even a young child. I personally feel that it's not a good idea and would really like to hear what other people think as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
babie113
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

i agree with you

zinniadaisy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

nope - it's not a good idea, there are better and cheaper ways to do all of the positive esteem-boosting pageants claim to do

Josie_P
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd do it if it were something my dd really wanted to do.

babie113
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

i think its not good to put young girls under pressure to be "perfect" and it puts too much emphasis on looks and beauty .also when they loose how can then not get hurt to the core when they are being judged on beauty witch is something they are programmed to think is all important .and personality .costume.dance skills. its so stupid when they win they get big headed when they loose they get crushed .its just not something i would ever want my kids doing

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Watching that show makes my daughter want to do pagents, but I don't think I could ever do that to my kiddo. Some of those mothers are just vile on a lot of levels. That, and I think investing $10,000 in pagent wear, gear, and coaching with no guarantee on your financial investment isn't fiscally sound. I could think of a lot better ways to spend $10,000.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I've let my now 5 year old put on make-up for fun.. She watches me, she wants to be like me..  I don't however support the message of needing it to be beautiful...

But for fun, at home, why not?

A year ago she wanted make up and pictures..  She saw it, she had fun, she hasn't wanted to do it again, other than the occasional lip gloss - No big deal..

nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

No, I would not do it.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My kids drew on themselves and each other will all kinds of things. Occasionally, they'd ask me to help them.

MamiJaAyla
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

my dd  LOVES makeup and has since she was about 3 ..that's all she wants as a present (of course she uses it all up real quick) so at home I let her.  They have fun go crazy and use it all up.

I don't do pagents and think that its a LOT of money esp. some of those glitz ones... but if I had the time and she wanted to... I would let her try it.

FOr shows (dance/theatre) I have put make up on them.  Its all part of the "excitement" and theatre.... I did it when I did ballet as a child... and I'm as an adult one of those make up is only worn on SUPER special occasions cause I'm just NOT down with that.

To each their own.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I think most of those moms are living through their daughters. Maybe some of them used to be attractive and now are not or never were and so they want their daughter to be. Whatever the reason, it can't be good to place that much emphasis on beauty and perfection.

Although I find it wrong, I STILL watch the show. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN