Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother Hen??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 17 Replies

What the hell does that even mean?

I've been told I need to stop acting like a Mother Hen to the other students in this class.  Leave them be and let them fail if that is their choice.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM
4 moms liked this

It means you're not doing your last sentence. "leave them be and let them fail if that is their choice"

I have chickens and ducks, so I get to see it....and the example is great. They're a bit overprotective, they don't let them venture.

Now puppies are the opposite. The mother dog allows the dogs to rough play and yelp out in pain to teach the other pups their pain threshhold and what not to do, boundaries. They allow them to venture away, and sniff their way back.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I believe it's like mama bear. I'm not sure, lol.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Mother hens tend to be in constant motion, circling their chicks to keep them together and safe. She never takes a break. Maybe they're saying you need to back off?

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Mother Hens take all the children under their wing and basically prevent them from experiencing failure or success as their own. It can stunt a child's emotional development and problem solving abilities.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

K but ya'll have to say that mother hens usually quit mother henning around 3 weeks. Of course, by then the chicks should be intigrated into the flock so her job should be done. I've got a broody so in 3 days I should witness my first mother hen.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM

*cackling* I had to check it out on urban dictionary....caution....fowl language below....

1.mother hen200 up52 down
The least appealing member of a group of attractive women who acts as a cockblocker for all of them. She will abandon her efforts if your wingman comes in and saves the day.

Get Geoff over here to be my wingman and stop this mother hen from ruining my chances to pick up her hot friends.
2.mother hen65 up22 down
In a group of girls, the one who feels responsible for her friends. She often will push away guys and or pull away her friends from guys physically. She is usually either fat, ugly, annoying or all of the above. (Can be used as a noun or a verb)

I spent like $100 on drinks from this hot chick in a Vegas club and as we were heading up to my room, I got mother-henned out of nowhere!  

Allright, guys, we need one of you to occupy the mother hen for a bit while I lead this chick out the dance floor!
3.Mother Hen34 up9 down
a person who cares for the needs of others (especially in an overprotective or interfering way)

stop that, you mother hen

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

mother hen - a person who cares for the needs of others (especially in an overprotective or interfering way

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought this was going to be about my SIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Who told you this?

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

What class?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured