Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man who hit crying baby on plane ~ A hate crime?

Posted by   + Show Post
Should the man who hit the baby on the plane be charged with a hate crime?

He first called the baby the N word then hit the baby for crying.
Wouldn't that fall under the requirements? It was a racially fueled attack.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM

How about since he hit a baby, charge him with whatever crimes you can pin on him.  If he didn't want it to be concidered a hote crime, he should have watched his launguage, or better yet, NOT SLAP A BABY! Throw the book at him and charge him with whatever sticks!

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Huh.... I've wanted to smack some parents on a plane but never a baby! lol

How long was this baby screaming? Or did he actually strike a child that was just sitting there silently sipping his juice box? SMH....

<sarcasm>

lga1965
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Yes because he told the.mother to keep her n_____r baby quiet and hit the baby. Both the word and the hitting are hateful.....thus, a hate crime. He's a hateful violent racist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I agree. I don't know if he would hit the white kid. He slapped black baby and called him names. He is hater and racist.

Quoting lga1965:

Yes because he told the.mother to keep her n_____r baby quiet and hit the baby. Both the word and the hitting are hateful.....thus, a hate crime. He's a hateful violent racist.

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Yes, it was a hate crime.
marisab
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM

if he used the n word yes especially if he was not the same color!!

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM
He hit a baby. That's the worst kind of douche bag ever. He deserves to go to jail. If someone hit one of my kids, I would come unglued and I have teenagers. Someone would be picking my fingernail out of his eye sockets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM

To me it does not matter the color of the baby's skin.. He hit a child that is pretty damn hateful

lga1965
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
:-) thank you.
I hope he goes to jail.

Quoting annabl1970:

I agree. I don't know if he would hit the white kid. He slapped black baby and called him names. He is hater and racist.

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM

this link contains an interview with the mother.  I do think this was a hate crime.  He verbally assaulted the mother before he hit the child.  

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/executive-charged-slapping-toddler-plane-loses-job/story?id=18529437

Bennett, who was seated in row 28 alongside Hundley, told FBI agents that she tried to get her son to stop crying when Hundley "told her to shut that ['N word'] baby up."

"I said, 'What did you just say?'" Bennett said. "And he was so drunk that he fell onto my face, and his mouth moved over to my ear and he said it, just directly into my ear."

The 33-year-old mother then says Hundley slapped her son in the face.

"When I had looked at Jonah's face, he had, his eye was swollen…and it was bleeding," Bennett said. "I was just scared to death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN