Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

One of the things I love about cm

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 39 Replies
4 moms liked this

I very much appreciate the opportunity to get to know a lot of women who impress me as being smarter than me,  I dont have a life where I meet a lot of those kind of people face to face lol. 

Thank you !

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Sorry I hit enter first if you opened an empty post:(

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree, and add that I don't meet a lot of people period.  lol  Also, the people I do know in real life aren't very eager to discuss a lot of the hot issues.  Not to mention that cm gives me a much wider variety of viewpoints than I could ever encounter in real life.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree! I love the interactions here because you certain don't find people in real life willing and able to sit and have a real conversation!

SuperChicken
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had some great conversation in here, even when we're disagreeing.    Conversations that wouldn't be polite in a general social setting, or that were simply absurd by still entertaining.  I'm not here consistently, and yet no one says I shouldn't participate (as I've seen happen in other groups).    I appreciate that.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this
This

Quoting Woodbabe:

I agree! I love the interactions here because you certain don't find people in real life willing and able to sit and have a real conversation!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Nice post, don't underestimate yourself though.

I am very grateful for our cyber cafe as well.

HUGS YOUS.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this

I spend most of my off time with my kids while my husband works.  It's awesome to get real talk in between homework and bathtime, and especially after the girls are in bed and it's just me and the TV!

I learn a lot from people here.  It's awesome.

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I like that motherfuckers can't cut me off in the middle of a sentence and dominate the conversation on the internet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting parentalrights1:

I like that motherfuckers can't cut me off in the middle of a sentence and dominate the conversation on the internet

LOL!!!  I do agree though and it is nice.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Quoting parentalrights1:

good

LOVE THIS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)