Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who did you have a child with?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Dallas-man-20-charged-in-death-of-5-week-old-daughter-191705721.html

I just saw this on the news and missed part of it so i looked it up and found this one also.

http://www.inquisitr.com/339764/michigan-man-convicted-of-orally-raping-murdering-baby-daughter/

It got me thinking about the mothers and if they ever suspected or did they trust that their s/o - spouse was completely harmless. These are just 2 occurences of many. It's just so scary to think that someone you trust may be a monster. I know in some cases there is domestice abuse but even then, the mother may never believe her children are in danger. Do you trust your s/o - dh, the father of your child to be alone with them? Have you ever had worries?  I know i have read in other posts that women feel they would never associate with a man that would harm them otr their children but how would you even know?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
clippingmom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

no worries here we have raised 2 daughters together already so I am sure our younger 3 will be just fine

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I've never had a minute of worry. But then I was also with my husband for almost 9 years before we had a child. 

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I spent four years getting to know my husband before we married.  In that time I had the opportunity to witness him interact with his nieces, my nephews as well as my older boys.  I saw an honorable and good man that would protect all of them with his life.  A man that would not prey on children and who would go to the ends of the earth to keep them away from the type of people that would.  

I trust my husband with my children.  That is the bottom line.  

While there are certainly men out there that are monsters, I do not believe for one second that they are anything more than a small minority of the men in this world.  I find it sad that because of this small minority, men in general are put in a position of being seen as a predator until they prove otherwise.  

mom23heathens
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I don't think men get painted as monsters in general, that's why it's so shocking when we hear about things like this. Mothers have been guilty of heinous crimes against their children too. It's just the thought that anyone could hurt a child is horrible, but to find that it was someone that is supposed to love and protect that child that makes it worse.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I spent four years getting to know my husband before we married.  In that time I had the opportunity to witness him interact with his nieces, my nephews as well as my older boys.  I saw an honorable and good man that would protect all of them with his life.  A man that would not prey on children and who would go to the ends of the earth to keep them away from the type of people that would.  

While there are certainly men out there that are monsters, I do not believe for one second that they are anything more than a small minority of the men in this world.  I find it sad that because of this small minority, men in general are put in a position of being seen as a predator until they prove otherwise.  

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM

and yet you rarely if ever see anyone discuss whether a mother is trustworthy and it isn't unusual to see discussions asking if you can trust your husband with your children or if you would send your kids to a party where the father was in charge.    We are told to tell our kids to find a woman if they get lost in the store and avoid unknown men.  

IMO, we very much take the side of men are guilty of being pervs until proven otherwise.  

Quoting mom23heathens:

I don't think men get painted as monsters in general, that's why it's so shocking when we hear about things like this. Mothers have been guilty of heinous crimes against their children too. It's just the thought that anyone could hurt a child is horrible, but to find that it was someone that is supposed to love and protect that child that makes it worse.

Quoting katy_kay08:

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
We can never be 100% sure about anyone really. Look at the BTK killer he was a family man and was active in his community. Sometimes people may suspect this outrageous behavior because of past issues and sometimes they just "snap".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I will always worry when my daughter is with her father.  She is with him now, for another month.  I am hundreds of miles away.

At this time, his crazy girlfriend is the one who concerns me the most.

While I do believe he would protect our daughter, that is only from physical harm.  Emotional harm can be just as dangerous, if not more at times.

She skypes with me every night and we leave it up all night.  That speaks volumes.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I fully trust my husband to be alone with my children.  He is committed to their safety and would die to protect them.   My worries are more along the lines of he gives them too much candy.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

At the first sign of abuse any man would be out on his ass.

I luckily have a kind husband and I have not a worry in the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)