Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Too old to go in the swings??

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 118 Replies

Poll

Question: How old is too old to play on the swings?

Options:

Once you're an adult you need to leave the swings for the kids.

I think the teenage years are when you should stop playing on the playground

You're never too old to play :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I was at the park yesterday with my kids. I will admit to being a big kid, so when I saw an open swing I snagged it,lol. So here I am swinging and having fun with the kids when this lady walks up with her kid.

Now before I get a chance to slow down or say anything, she gives me a dirty look and asks, "Aren't you a little old to be on the swings? All of my good will evaporated right on the spot. I responded "Nope, are you?" She said, "Yes I am." "The swings are for children, not adults." Me with a smile "Well I guess we'll have to disagree." Then, "Would your daughter like a turn?" "I'm getting off right now." I hopped off and promptly climbed the slide to play with my kids while she looked at me like I had three heads,lol.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have convinced my DH to play with me on the toys more than once. Who doesnt' love swinging?

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I always play with my kids at the playground... That includes swinging with them :-)

I also clim the monkey bars with them, and play hide and seek through the tunnels :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I play on them too! Its a recent workout but like you I would give it up for a kid to swing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I play on the swings as often as I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

what a bitch! you were having fun with your kids, I say wtg mom!

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
4 moms liked this

I always swing next to my kids as long as there are no other children waiting to swing on them.

I do think the park and park equipment is for the children, but I see no issue with using them if a child isn't on them or waiting to use them.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

If anyone  considers themselves  too old to ``play', they  may as well throw the dirt over themselves.   I'm 47 years old and swing right along with the kids and go down the slide.  I ride their skateboards and bikes too.  They love it!

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I always play with my kids at the playground... That includes swinging with them :-)

I also clim the monkey bars with them, and play hide and seek through the tunnels :-)

I swing from the monkey bars also!! And play hide and seek:)

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Good for you! lol i wouldnt have been able to be that cool. i would have probably started crying and apologising to the woman. 

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I personally leave the park equipment for the kids. If there is no one else at the park then yeah but if there are other people I would not take up a swing that a child should be able to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)