Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: How old is too old to play on the swings?

Options:

Once you're an adult you need to leave the swings for the kids.

I think the teenage years are when you should stop playing on the playground

You're never too old to play :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I was at the park yesterday with my kids. I will admit to being a big kid, so when I saw an open swing I snagged it,lol. So here I am swinging and having fun with the kids when this lady walks up with her kid.

Now before I get a chance to slow down or say anything, she gives me a dirty look and asks, "Aren't you a little old to be on the swings? All of my good will evaporated right on the spot. I responded "Nope, are you?" She said, "Yes I am." "The swings are for children, not adults." Me with a smile "Well I guess we'll have to disagree." Then, "Would your daughter like a turn?" "I'm getting off right now." I hopped off and promptly climbed the slide to play with my kids while she looked at me like I had three heads,lol.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (101-110):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Oh shoot, that would be a sight to see LOL

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Always play with the kids at the park. Especially little guy. Though I don't go on the swings he does...the ones that wrap around and have holes for the feet...yeah my jello booty wouldn't fit in that lol. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM

That would be hilarious!

Quoting smtxcowgirl:

You're never too old to play on the swings! I would have told her, "You sound like you're such a fun person!" As I hopped off.

Maybe she's on CM and she'll see this post lol.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM

She is.

And you know what's sad? I haven't been able to master the monekey bars since puberty. I don't how I did it before but man it hurts! And LOL with your baby fat ass. Me too!

Quoting kailu1835:

What a total (insert bad word here)!  I always swing when kids other than mine aren't around.  If a kid wants to play on the swings, and there aren't any open ones, I get off and let the kid play.  I also chase my kids around the playset, and go down the slides (and my (baby)fat ass inevitably sticks halfway down prompting laughs from my children who are then able to catch up to me as I'm trying to scoot down the slide rofl), and go across the monkeybars, etc.  You're never too old to play on the playground.

FrumpyMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Crazy Lady. It's not like you were flipping the swing up into a knot so no one could use it. You were swinging with your kids. 

I'd also like to add, I voted never too old, but if you throw your hip out while swinging you might have to give it up.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM

*Giggles* Yeah I agree.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Crazy Lady. It's not like you were flipping the swing up into a knot so no one could use it. You were swinging with your kids. 

I'd also like to add, I voted never too old, but if you throw your hip out while swinging you might have to give it up.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Those are the worst! I don't like spinning in circles!

Quoting paganbaby:

I only like the tire swings that lay flat like this.

Not the up and down ones. I don't fit LOL

Quoting wickedfiress:

The swings are the best part!

But I won't get on the tire swing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheLadyAmalthea
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

If the park isn't loaded with kids, go for it! What ticks me off is when there are dozens of kids and there are drunk adults using all of the swings! Happened to us once, though. I don't see a problem with an adult using the swings as long as they aren't hogging them from the kids.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Hey would it be a better visual if you picture that it is a dried up corn on the cobb type cobb with a few chipped kernels? Bwahahaha

Quoting paganbaby:

Thank you so much for that visual...

Quoting glitterteaz:

Some people landed on a corn cobb and it is still up their asses!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate you so bad! *snorts*

Quoting glitterteaz:

Hey would it be a better visual if you picture that it is a dried up corn on the cobb type cobb with a few chipped kernels? Bwahahaha

Quoting paganbaby:

Thank you so much for that visual...

Quoting glitterteaz:

Some people landed on a corn cobb and it is still up their asses!

LindaClement
by Linda on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I still get a huge kick out of swinging --can't stand it for long 'cause it compresses my hips together, but I LOVE spinning around and freaking out everyone else on the swings, same as I did when I was 9.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured