Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: How old is too old to play on the swings?

Options:

Once you're an adult you need to leave the swings for the kids.

I think the teenage years are when you should stop playing on the playground

You're never too old to play :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I was at the park yesterday with my kids. I will admit to being a big kid, so when I saw an open swing I snagged it,lol. So here I am swinging and having fun with the kids when this lady walks up with her kid.

Now before I get a chance to slow down or say anything, she gives me a dirty look and asks, "Aren't you a little old to be on the swings? All of my good will evaporated right on the spot. I responded "Nope, are you?" She said, "Yes I am." "The swings are for children, not adults." Me with a smile "Well I guess we'll have to disagree." Then, "Would your daughter like a turn?" "I'm getting off right now." I hopped off and promptly climbed the slide to play with my kids while she looked at me like I had three heads,lol.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Oh of course!

Quoting MorganTho:

I play on them too! Its a recent workout but like you I would give it up for a kid to swing :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM

She was a bitch! Lol

I was like, who doesn't play with their kids at the park?

Quoting krise:

what a bitch! you were having fun with your kids, I say wtg mom!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmao! I love this :-)

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

If anyone  considers themselves  too old to ``play', they  may as well throw the dirt over themselves.   I'm 47 years old and swing right along with the kids and go down the slide.  I ride their skateboards and bikes too.  They love it!

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I always play with my kids at the park. In fact doctors therapists ect... encourage parents to play along with their kids rather than just watch them. She was rude and way out of line.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  I would say something must have crawled up her butt and died for her to be as grumpy as that to a complete stranger!  Part of being a hands-on mom is being able to play with them - whether it be building blocks, coloring pictures, or playing on the playground.  Now, when it comes to slides - my rule is if your butt/hips are too big and you get stuck trying to go down.. then you need to stay off those.

bouncing

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Ignore her. I swing with my kids and play with them on the play ground. People do not get what good exercise it is to actually play with your kids, all out full play with them; running, chasing, swinging, climbing , so good for you and your kids too have mom play with them. I am 45 by the way. LOL

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Oh and if there are other kids playing of course they get the swing and the OP was getting off to let the kid have the swing.  But if you are already swinging when they come up they have to give you a chance to stop.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never been the type to just stand there & watch my kids.  I worked in the school districts for over 10 yrs., did daycare in my home & a mother of 2 kids.  I ALWAYS just had to swing with the kids, or have them on my lap & swing them.  Also, I just had to climb up on the 'jungle gym' & sliding down the slides.  That was so fun!!  I also would ride those 'little trikes' along with the kids.  (that was hard though).  lol.  All the moms would just stand there watching their kids, but not me!!  I just had to join in :)

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Well that makes sense and yes, yes she was.

Quoting Euphoric:

I always play with my kids at the park. In fact doctors therapists ect... encourage parents to play along with their kids rather than just watch them. She was rude and way out of line.

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm to tall for everything else but as long as my ass fits in the swing seat you can be sure I'll be swinging.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)