Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: How old is too old to play on the swings?

Options:

Once you're an adult you need to leave the swings for the kids.

I think the teenage years are when you should stop playing on the playground

You're never too old to play :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I was at the park yesterday with my kids. I will admit to being a big kid, so when I saw an open swing I snagged it,lol. So here I am swinging and having fun with the kids when this lady walks up with her kid.

Now before I get a chance to slow down or say anything, she gives me a dirty look and asks, "Aren't you a little old to be on the swings? All of my good will evaporated right on the spot. I responded "Nope, are you?" She said, "Yes I am." "The swings are for children, not adults." Me with a smile "Well I guess we'll have to disagree." Then, "Would your daughter like a turn?" "I'm getting off right now." I hopped off and promptly climbed the slide to play with my kids while she looked at me like I had three heads,lol.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
bekalynne440
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I'm an overweight, skirt wearing mama and I still play on the equipment with my kids =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meriana
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I always played with my kids at the park, just kept an eye out that no other child was wanting to use some equipement I was on. I've also been known to ride those little merry go round things with several horses (you know, put a quarter in to make em go) one used to see outside stores with them.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Never too old, and her nasty attitude would have turned me into a smart-ass too.
jynkx
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM

forget her, i love to swing!

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I swing all theed time, in fact I went and spent more money on a swing set than I had to because I wanted to swing too. :D
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

You go girl!

Quoting bekalynne440:

I'm an overweight, skirt wearing mama and I still play on the equipment with my kids =)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Oh god, one time my sister got stuck on the slide. It so funny! Even she was cracking up,lol.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

LOL!  I would say something must have crawled up her butt and died for her to be as grumpy as that to a complete stranger!  Part of being a hands-on mom is being able to play with them - whether it be building blocks, coloring pictures, or playing on the playground.  Now, when it comes to slides - my rule is if your butt/hips are too big and you get stuck trying to go down.. then you need to stay off those.

bouncing

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That's right!

Quoting Thelmama:

Ignore her. I swing with my kids and play with them on the play ground. People do not get what good exercise it is to actually play with your kids, all out full play with them; running, chasing, swinging, climbing , so good for you and your kids too have mom play with them. I am 45 by the way. LOL

DyerMaker
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If another kid is wanting to swing and there is no other swing availableI will stop, but until then, Swing Baby! 

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I still swing both on our playset and at the park.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN