Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: How old is too old to play on the swings?

Options:

Once you're an adult you need to leave the swings for the kids.

I think the teenage years are when you should stop playing on the playground

You're never too old to play :-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I was at the park yesterday with my kids. I will admit to being a big kid, so when I saw an open swing I snagged it,lol. So here I am swinging and having fun with the kids when this lady walks up with her kid.

Now before I get a chance to slow down or say anything, she gives me a dirty look and asks, "Aren't you a little old to be on the swings? All of my good will evaporated right on the spot. I responded "Nope, are you?" She said, "Yes I am." "The swings are for children, not adults." Me with a smile "Well I guess we'll have to disagree." Then, "Would your daughter like a turn?" "I'm getting off right now." I hopped off and promptly climbed the slide to play with my kids while she looked at me like I had three heads,lol.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (81-90):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Yep.

Quoting 4music:

It's tragic that some people take growing up to mean growing stale and bitter.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I'm so sad. I went on the trampoline tonight at my sons gymnastics and I actually got motion sickness. I'm getting old! :-(

Quoting katy_kay08:

I don't swing.  Somewhere around my mid 20s swinging caused me to get motion sickness almost immediately.  As for adults swinging, I couldn't care less.  

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Yeah...I found that one out tonight on the trampoline :-(

Quoting NWP:

I voted never too old to play...but I do believe that you DO get too old to go on the swings. Sometime after your 35th birthday something changes in your equilibrium that makes that little motion not so fun anymore:(

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Sometimes I'll sit on the swing myself just to give myself a rest (if there isn't anywhere else to sit). Sometimes I'll get silly and swing like crazy, other times I just sit there. I most definitely am not the only adult doing it, LOL.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Seriously! That's awesome LOL

Quoting IloveNCIS:

I am almost 38 and I still love to swing. LOL my great grandmother at the age of 88 would still swing with us when we were kids.

poietes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Tell my 82 year old grandma that she's to old to swing. :) she'll tell you where to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Seems like I am at the park :-/

Quoting thatgirl70:

Sometimes I'll sit on the swing myself just to give myself a rest (if there isn't anywhere else to sit). Sometimes I'll get silly and swing like crazy, other times I just sit there. I most definitely am not the only adult doing it, LOL.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM

high five

Quoting poietes:

Tell my 82 year old grandma that she's to old to swing. :) she'll tell you where to go.

poietes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM
After 3 kids I cant do the trampoline any more. Even if I have an empty bladder a little always comes out.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting NWP:

I voted never too old to play...but I do believe that you DO get too old to go on the swings. Sometime after your 35th birthday something changes in your equilibrium that makes that little motion not so fun anymore:(

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
For me it was that ride at 6flags where you stand against the wall and it spins fast enough for you to stick to the wall while the floor drops. I loved that thing as a kid but now it just makes me puke.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting NWP:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)