Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Adam Lanza

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 46 Replies

This Frontline doc will be aired tonight in my neck of the woods. I plan on viewing it...anybody else heard of this, plan to watch?

In the wake of the mass killings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, FRONTLINE investigates a young man and the town he changed forever. Adam Lanza left behind a trail of death and destruction, but little else. He left no known friends, no diary. He destroyed his computer and any evidence it might have provided. His motives, and his life, remain largely a mystery. In collaboration with The Hartford Courant, FRONTLINE looks for answers to the central—and so far elusive—question: who was Adam Lanza? Also this hour: In the aftermath of the tragedy, President Obama called for a national conversation about guns in America. Nowhere is that conversation more intense than in Newtown, where FRONTLINE finds a town divided and explores how those closest to the tragedy are now wrestling with our nation's gun culture and laws.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

And right before it comes on, there will be this:

It is on in a couple minutes. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Watching it now.

tscritch
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it looks really interesting....I *personally* at this point want to give him no recognition in life. I would much rather watch a doc on the people whose lives he took. I would much rather remember them, not him. Maybe down the road I will watch it. I hope this makes sense.

Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have no interest in making him into a celebrity. We are never going to know why did it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I was home so I could DVR!!!

Right now, it seems PBS news hour is on.  I will have to check local listings.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Re: "Guns in America,"

Wow, this was a great historical look at guns in America. Watched it with dd12, who actually knew about much of the historical facts (as did I), just had never seen the different layers stitched together like this doc did... Wow.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I have no interest in making him into a celebrity. We are never going to know why did it.

Logic fail. There is much to be learned. This is ostrich head in the dirt thinking. 

Look up "forensics."

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Well I think the better doc was "Guns in America."

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

You know, crap like this only encourages the next crazy person.  Hey, if I go out and kill a lot of people, they'll make a documentary about me......and no one will forget who I was.   Trying to figure out who this guy was, can't change what he did.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting grandmab125:

You know, crap like this only encourages the next crazy person.  Hey, if I go out and kill a lot of people, they'll make a documentary about me......and no one will forget who I was.   Trying to figure out who this guy was, can't change what he did.

Hole. E. Shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured