Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is Your Local Police Department Using Pictures of Pregnant Women and Children for Target Practice?

Posted by   + Show Post

What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Update: The marketing team at Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. sends along this helpful explanation for the "No More Hesitation" series: 

"The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served." 

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM

We only vote for people we trust and they have proven to respect the Laws.

And you think its funny to want someone better than we have had for years?

who are the real idiots?

we don't like being lie too and re-elect a puppets.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Same plan for us they had in October and November.

Remind me again, who did you and the other Paulanistas vote for?

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

What is our government getting ready to do that we may want to fight back?

gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Quoting talia-mom:

What if it was your child shot by the other child because the officer has been told by people like you not to shoot kids that have a weapon?

Quoting gammie:

They are being taught to shoot first and ask questions later when it's to late.

A child almost got shoot because he had a toy gun and it looked like a toy gun. What if that was your son that got shoot, only because the cop was afraid?

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

I disagree. Police are taught to handle all types of situations in the right time and place. Say that one of those "sensitive" types has a gun to your head or worse your child's head, do you want that officer to hesitate?

You can't predict what people will do, especially in this day and age. In my opinion, its better for the officer to have more training than not enough. Will they ever use it? Maybe not...but I'd rather they had it than looking at a situation in hindsight.

Quoting gammie:

This kind of thinking is going to get your family killed.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

The world is getting crazier by the day, they need to be prepared to handle anything.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM

So you can't answer a what if given in response to your what if?

Quoting gammie:

Quoting talia-mom:

What if it was your child shot by the other child because the officer has been told by people like you not to shoot kids that have a weapon?

Quoting gammie:

They are being taught to shoot first and ask questions later when it's to late.

A child almost got shoot because he had a toy gun and it looked like a toy gun. What if that was your son that got shoot, only because the cop was afraid?

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

I disagree. Police are taught to handle all types of situations in the right time and place. Say that one of those "sensitive" types has a gun to your head or worse your child's head, do you want that officer to hesitate?

You can't predict what people will do, especially in this day and age. In my opinion, its better for the officer to have more training than not enough. Will they ever use it? Maybe not...but I'd rather they had it than looking at a situation in hindsight.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

The world is getting crazier by the day, they need to be prepared to handle anything.

gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Fear make people do stupid things and the innocent always get hurt!

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Quoting gammie:

who are the real idiots? It's You, and not just because you have the worst grammer in the group. You and the other nista's should crawl in a hole to hide from embarrassment, I would help you in.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

eema.gray
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Those types of targets are also used to help officers learn to discern the difference between the boy above with a real weapon and the same boy with a red-tipped play gun and the same boy with a cell phone in his hands.  When they have a split second in a real time situation to distinguish threat from non-threat, I hope officers in my city have had training in making those decisons under stress.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't help but point out irony when criticizing someone's grammar you misspell grammar.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

who are the real idiots? It's You, and not just because you have the worst grammer in the group. You and the other nista's should crawl in a hole to hide from embarrassment, I would help you in.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I'm sure they have, but I don't want a innocent women to get shoot by cops because  "she may have a gun" 

Just remember what they are teaching is to shoot first, this could be you they will shoot at next because they think your small handbag look like a gun.

Before a cop had to make sure it was a gun now they will be free to shoot. This will put many innocent in danger.

Quoting talia-mom:

Yes, because no pregnant woman has ever tried to shoot someone.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Ought Oh.  (although I don't think that is irony, simply a bad coincidence).

Quoting talia-mom:

I can't help but point out irony when criticizing someone's grammar you misspell grammar.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM

No, they aren't teaching to shoot first.   But that doesn't matter.

Quoting gammie:

I'm sure they have, but I don't want a innocent women to get shoot by cops because  "she may have a gun" 

Just remember what they are teaching is to shoot first, this could be you they will shoot at next because they think your small handbag look like a gun.

Before a cop had to make sure it was a gun now they will be free to shoot. This will put many innocent in danger.

Quoting talia-mom:

Yes, because no pregnant woman has ever tried to shoot someone.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)