Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is Your Local Police Department Using Pictures of Pregnant Women and Children for Target Practice?

Posted by   + Show Post

What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Update: The marketing team at Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. sends along this helpful explanation for the "No More Hesitation" series: 

"The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served." 

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
mylifemylove864
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Just because someone looks like they are innocent doesn't mean they are. But police officers need to be able To tell who is a real threat and who isn't and to keep people safe.

I am okay with this.

Quoting eema.gray:

Those types of targets are also used to help officers learn to discern the difference between the boy above with a real weapon and the same boy with a red-tipped play gun and the same boy with a cell phone in his hands.  When they have a split second in a real time situation to distinguish threat from non-threat, I hope officers in my city have had training in making those decisons under stress.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM

So when you don't have a good argument you attack them personally.

I'm a fighter and will not let bullies win!!

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

We only vote for people we trust and they have proven to respect the Laws.

And you think its funny to want someone better than we have had for years?

who are the real idiots? It's You, and not just because you have the worst grammer in the group. You and the other nista's should crawl in a hole to hide from embarrassment, I would help you in.

we don't like being lie too and re-elect a puppets.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Same plan for us they had in October and November.

Remind me again, who did you and the other Paulanistas vote for?

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

What is our government getting ready to do that we may want to fight back?

lga1965
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Why would a kid have a gun ? That is disgusting and we can blame his parents. They probably have had guns and sent the whole family to gun safety classes but forgot that.kids do stupid things because
they ARE kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM

You aren't a fighter, you are a quitter.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

who are the real idiots? It's You, and not just because you have the worst grammer in the group. You and the other nista's should crawl in a hole to hide from embarrassment, I would help you in.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM

He knew when it was appropriate to shoot a little girl.

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Okay, that made me laugh. lol

Quoting talia-mom:

gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM

going crazyMe a quitter Ha Ha Ha bitches like you have been attacking me for years and I'm still here!!

Quoting Billiejeens:

You aren't a fighter, you are a quitter.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting gammie:

KedrynsMommie
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
When I did the citizens police academy course here, I got to participate in a shooting simulation. I had a real gun modified with a laser instead of ammo and instead of pictures it was a video simulator (with live volunteers)

I was thrown into a school shooting scenario and yes I took out the gunman "saving" a girls life, and potentially others (hypothetically of course) but the sensation was REAL- my senses dulled, blood rushed, anxiety rose and my palms became sweaty.. oh and afterwards I found out it was a middle school setting and the kid volunteer was only 11.. same age as my little sister.

That's the thing.. can you shoot one kid to save another? Or multiple others? Can you shoot a child to save yours? Does age matter if they're on a rampage?

It's a sad fact that our babies are growing up so fast in a world like this.. but our emergency responders HAVE to be ready and trained for EVERY scenario. If a 7 year old is shooting up your kids' school or a pregnant lady is shooting up a movie theatre.. is there time for sensitivity or hesitation? Should they be able to obtain maximum kill/injury because of their demographic?

The answer is NO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KedrynsMommie
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Hey.. a little white girl walking in the hood with calculus books at ten at night IS suspicious lmfao

Quoting talia-mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM

No one is saying that if a child is shooting you should just let them? Hell no you have to get him down. The problem is some cops are shooting first before checking to make sure they could be in danger and you can see it in you local news almost every night. This kind of action is also very dangerous.

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

When I did the citizens police academy course here, I got to participate in a shooting simulation. I had a real gun modified with a laser instead of ammo and instead of pictures it was a video simulator (with live volunteers)

I was thrown into a school shooting scenario and yes I took out the gunman "saving" a girls life, and potentially others (hypothetically of course) but the sensation was REAL- my senses dulled, blood rushed, anxiety rose and my palms became sweaty.. oh and afterwards I found out it was a middle school setting and the kid volunteer was only 11.. same age as my little sister.

That's the thing.. can you shoot one kid to save another? Or multiple others? Can you shoot a child to save yours? Does age matter if they're on a rampage?

It's a sad fact that our babies are growing up so fast in a world like this.. but our emergency responders HAVE to be ready and trained for EVERY scenario. If a 7 year old is shooting up your kids' school or a pregnant lady is shooting up a movie theatre.. is there time for sensitivity or hesitation? Should they be able to obtain maximum kill/injury because of their demographic?

The answer is NO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN