Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is Your Local Police Department Using Pictures of Pregnant Women and Children for Target Practice?

Posted by   + Show Post

What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Update: The marketing team at Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. sends along this helpful explanation for the "No More Hesitation" series: 

"The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served." 

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (51-60):
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

When it's okay to kill a child because of fear than something is wrong with the way you think. Just because you think you have not done anything wrong it's does mean nothing will happen to you!

Last week in the News cops shot at two women because they thought they were one large black man. Shooting  before you know for sure is dangerous to all!!!

Quoting LauraKW:

That is your opinion and still doesn't make it ok to tell a person they are going to get their family killed. That is an inappropriate response, period.

Quoting gammie:

No when you think this Kind of action is okay you do put your family in danger

Quoting LauraKW:

That is irrelevant to what you told this woman about her family.

Quoting gammie:

No has a right to shoot first and ask questions later when it's too late!!

Quoting LauraKW:

Why would you say that to someone? Fucking disgusting.

Quoting gammie:

This kind of thinking is going to get your family killed.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

The world is getting crazier by the day, they need to be prepared to handle anything.

ShelbysHope76
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

We think a civil unrest, do you know that they are gearing up closed military bases with armed military for mass influx of people. Originally we heard it was for the immigrants...but...who knows..

Quoting LauraKW:

What is coming?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Arm your families ladies, it's coming and the gov't knows it.

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

What is our government getting ready to do that we may want to fight back?

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I said nothing about shooting anyone. The woman you said is going to get her family killed did not say it was ok to kill a child out of fear. Not one person in this thread has said it is ok to shoot anyone before you know there is a danger. You did. Now own what you said to this woman was wrong.

Quoting gammie:

When it's okay to kill a child because of fear than something is wrong with the way you think. Just because you think you have not done anything wrong it's does mean nothing will happen to you!

Last week in the News cops shot at two women because they thought they were one large black man. Shooting  before you know for sure is dangerous to all!!!

Quoting LauraKW:

That is your opinion and still doesn't make it ok to tell a person they are going to get their family killed. That is an inappropriate response, period.

Quoting gammie:

No when you think this Kind of action is okay you do put your family in danger

Quoting LauraKW:

That is irrelevant to what you told this woman about her family.

Quoting gammie:

No has a right to shoot first and ask questions later when it's too late!!

Quoting LauraKW:

Why would you say that to someone? Fucking disgusting.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

The world is getting crazier by the day, they need to be prepared to handle anything.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

you can put communists or whatever else the end is still the same. We the people need to make sure everyone obeys the Laws.

• When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

"stop fear mongering", take the guns, indoctrinate the children...where have we heard/ seen all that before??? Yes, history is repeating itself with a willing (for the most part) America.

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

We think a civil unrest, do you know that they are gearing up closed military bases with armed military for mass influx of people. Originally we heard it was for the immigrants...but...who knows..

Quoting LauraKW:

What is coming?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
ShelbysHope76
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

You are correct

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

"stop fear mongering", take the guns, indoctrinate the children...where have we heard/ seen all that before??? Yes, history is repeating itself with a willing (for the most part) America.

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting LauraKW:

What is coming?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting gammie:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Give me a logical reason why the govt would do that to citizens and I will take you seriously. Right now I call bullshit. And what "immigrants"?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting LauraKW:

What is coming?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting gammie:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I cant get past the part of the officer using pictures of his own kids to shoot at! 1-800-cray-cray right there.
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

our own government selling weapon to drug cartel so they can use them on Americans

Or the wars we are killing peoople who have not anything to us. We may start to protest to stop the wars of killimg women and chidren

Quoting LauraKW:

Give me a logical reason why the govt would do that to citizens and I will take you seriously. Right now I call bullshit. And what "immigrants"?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting LauraKW:

What is coming?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting gammie:

DawnPratt23
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Or driving a car similar to a suspects car. Wonder how the 3 LA victims feel about being shot first questions latter with a bunch of trigger happy cops. As an ex wife to a cop, they need more people skills not less.

Quoting gammie:

I'm sure they have, but I don't want a innocent women to get shoot by cops because  "she may have a gun" 

Just remember what they are teaching is to shoot first, this could be you they will shoot at next because they think your small handbag look like a gun.

Before a cop had to make sure it was a gun now they will be free to shoot. This will put many innocent in danger.

Quoting talia-mom:

Yes, because no pregnant woman has ever tried to shoot someone.

Quoting gammie:

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN