Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Your Local Police Department Using Pictures of Pregnant Women and Children for Target Practice?

Posted by   + Show Post

What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The "No More Hesitation" series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training."

Update: The marketing team at Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. sends along this helpful explanation for the "No More Hesitation" series: 

"The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served." 

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (71-79):
gammie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Their action speak very loud.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting gammie:

They are being taught to shoot first and ask questions later when it's to late.

A child almost got shoot because he had a toy gun and it looked like a toy gun. What if that was your son that got shoot, only because the cop was afraid?

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

I disagree. Police are taught to handle all types of situations in the right time and place. Say that one of those "sensitive" types has a gun to your head or worse your child's head, do you want that officer to hesitate?

You can't predict what people will do, especially in this day and age. In my opinion, its better for the officer to have more training than not enough. Will they ever use it? Maybe not...but I'd rather they had it than looking at a situation in hindsight.

Quoting gammie:

This kind of thinking is going to get your family killed.

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

The world is getting crazier by the day, they need to be prepared to handle anything.

Where does it say this?

They are being taught to shoot first and ask questions later when it's to late.

ShelbysHope76
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you carpy

Quoting Carpy:

By the time this latest order and the one coming are done they will have ordered nearly 3 Billion rounds, not millions.  Most are hollow points and it is an unprecedented amount even accounting for wars.

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Quoting gammie:

our own government selling weapon to drug cartel so they can use them on Americans

Or the wars we are killing peoople who have not anything to us. We may start to protest to stop the wars of killimg women and chidren

Quoting LauraKW:

Give me a logical reason why the govt would do that to citizens and I will take you seriously. Right now I call bullshit. And what "immigrants"?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

We think a civil unrest, do you know that they are gearing up closed military bases with armed military for mass influx of people. Originally we heard it was for the immigrants...but...who knows..

Quoting LauraKW:

What is coming?

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

Arm your families ladies, it's coming and the gov't knows it.

Quoting gammie:

There is something wrong with this, shooting at a child who can't shoot straight is just wrong.

I feel from what is going around with Law Enforcements New training It seems to me they are preparing to have a fight with the people in the future?

What is our government getting ready to do that we may want to fight back?

hard for me to use logical and our gov't in the same sentence. But in answer to your comment, the fact that homeland security bought up millions of rounds of ammunition for "training" excercises, then you read something like the original post and that should be enough to start questioning our gov't and the logical way they are training our military and police forces. Ask any active military member and see if they don't tell you that we have no idea what the govt is doing and what's coming.

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
The kid is going too far but a grown up, pregnant or not, pointing a gun at a police officer, I honestly wouldn't blame them for shooting at her. A police officer won't think "oh there's a woman pointing a gun at me, oh wait he pregnant I can't shoot to protect myself", he'll be thinking "holy shit this woman is pointing a gun at my face"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I understand why they are doing it. IMO the military doesn't get enough of that type of training. I have a friend who was front line in Iraq and he lost a lot of friends who hesitated in situations where there were children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tambrathegreat
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

That's sick, and also why we have more innocent people getting caught in the line of fire.

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

As if they were not trigger happy enough.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

This is nothing new and a necessary part of training.

SuperJo
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sickening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oddgirl
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

When I see the target of the boy I am reminded of the handful of news stories I've read over the years where kids with realistic toy guns were shot by police who didn't realize it was a kid with a toy.  Although I guess the toy manufacturers have started making toy gun in bright colors so they don't look like real guns. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured