Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel safer knowing TSA has patted down another 3 year old in wheelchair****-UPDATE-TSA has apologized?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 68 Replies

Update, it looks like TSA was wrong and has apologized.  

TSA: Sorry we violated your 3-year-old’s dignity

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I've made no secret that I'm not a fan of the TSA, but other than the fact that I think it's wrong to try and stop someone from recording them, they seemed to be trying to be very nice.    Unfortunately, having travelled with a friend in a wheelchair, they do this to ALL wheelchairs by my understanding.  I don't think it actually has much purpose, but they were not just pickin on the 3 year old.  CUTE kid though.

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I guess they have to do something to justify the billions a year this is costing us.  Wouldn't want them to profile or anything.

Quoting SuperChicken:

I've made no secret that I'm not a fan of the TSA, but other than the fact that I think it's wrong to try and stop someone from recording them, they seemed to be trying to be very nice.    Unfortunately, having travelled with a friend in a wheelchair, they do this to ALL wheelchairs by my understanding.  I don't think it actually has much purpose, but they were not just pickin on the 3 year old.  CUTE kid though.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

More making Americans miserable in the name of safety. Poor kid. This does NOT make us safer. There are ways to make us safer but those aren't ok because being pc is more important that being safe and far too important to spare a 3 year old this kind of unhappiness!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I am no fan of TSA.  But I do know that they do this with many, many people who are in wheel chairs.  

They were kind and they were not attempting to do this solely to upset the child, or any one else.

This situation could have been different for that child if the parents had not turned it in to something bad.

SuperChicken
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting candlegal:

I guess they have to do something to justify the billions a year this is costing us.  Wouldn't want them to profile or anything.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Imo, they ARE profiling people in wheelchairs by doing this.   But again, I'm no fan of the TSA.  

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
7 moms liked this
People have been known to stash things in wheel chairs and baby strollers. Its naive to think children aren't used in just this way and they WERE doing their job .....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperChicken
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am no fan of TSA.  But I do know that they do this with many, many people who are in wheel chairs.  

They were kind and they were not attempting to do this solely to upset the child, or any one else.

This situation could have been different for that child if the parents had not turned it in to something bad.

This situation could have been different if the mom had said right away to please return her lamby and ipad ASAP.  The child calmed as soon as she had them.  It wasn't the TSA agent the child was upset about.     When I travelled with my son as a child we always asked that they handed back his lovey as soon as it was xrayed and they were always nice about doing it.

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll say what I always say.

Complain to the people setting the rules and procedures. If they have to pat then they have to pat.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Quoting SuperChicken:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

This situation could have been different if the mom had said right away to please return her lamby and ipad ASAP.  The child calmed as soon as she had them.  It wasn't the TSA agent the child was upset about.     When I travelled with my son as a child we always asked that they handed back his lovey as soon as it was xrayed and they were always nice about doing it.

You are right.  I watched it again.  

This child is being used in a very negative, ugly manner, in an attempt to promote some thing that did not happen.

Very sad.

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Poor tsa workers catch so much shit on a daily basis for all the sensationalizing that goes on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured