Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No Confidence Vote

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 4 Replies

Speaking of sesquestration . . . . . 

What would you think if an Admendment was proposed that would allow a vote of no confidence (in the sitting Congress) to be called under certain conditions?  What sort of conditions would justify calling a vote of no confidence, in your opinion?  What would happen if the majority of voters replied "no confidence in the sitting Congress?"

A little more like the British system.

I sometimes think that without the no-confidence option, our congressmen don't feel much sense of accountibility once they get elected.  

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this

We sooooooooooooooooo need that cause everyone of these non cooperating assholes need the boot!

eema.gray
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM

There's always the "that's what elections are for" arguement but in a situation like the budget right now, maybe knowing that no confidence and an new general election if they don't get things sorted could light a fire under a Congress locked in party politics.  

Just finished watching the Netflix remake of House of Cards and honestly, even a no confidence option doesn't give me much hope of having a real voice in national politics.  :-(

Quoting glitterteaz:

We sooooooooooooooooo need that cause everyone of these non cooperating assholes need the boot!

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
meriana
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quoting glitterteaz:

AGREE

eema.gray
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM

:-)

And shameless bump

Quoting meriana:

Quoting glitterteaz:

AGREE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)