Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
DanaG70
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

soontobemomof2k
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I've tried it when I was a teenager. I was really curious. I don't think anything of it, or that it was wrong. Now I'm married and I don't think about other women at all like that anymore. Although my hubby would probably want to see that lol

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

How many of those who are worried about mainstreaming gay people say that if we make that a viable choice it will make more people choose it?

I always wonder about those people....I mean, I'm as strong a supporter of gay rights as you will find, but I love men and won't be gay no matter who can marry who.  LOL

Have you noticed how often anonymous forums have threads full of women who say they want to try having sex with another woman?

If it was more acceptable for people to be homosexual, I think more of those posters would have tried it, when young adults, before they got trapped into a marriage.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

How many of those who are worried about mainstreaming gay people say that if we make that a viable choice it will make more people choose it?

I always wonder about those people....I mean, I'm as strong a supporter of gay rights as you will find, but I love men and won't be gay no matter who can marry who.  LOL

Have you noticed how often anonymous forums have threads full of women who say they want to try having sex with another woman?

If it was more acceptable for people to be homosexual, I think more of those posters would have tried it, when young adults, before they got trapped into a marriage.

Anonymity certainly makes it easier to say things you might not otherwise say.

Do you think there are way more people who are gay or bisexual than we acknowledge because they are fearful of acknowledging it themselves?

I think more people would be freer (is that a word?) to explore themselves. I know many who would disagree but IMO that isn't a bad thing at all.

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Anonymity certainly makes it easier to say things you might not otherwise say.

Do you think there are way more people who are gay or bisexual than we acknowledge because they are fearful of acknowledging it themselves?

I think more people would be freer (is that a word?) to explore themselves. I know many who would disagree but IMO that isn't a bad thing at all.

I think sexuality runs on a spectrum.  I think the majority are more firm in their heterosexuality, and there are some firm in homosexuality, but there is a fluid middle group.  Those might be explorers if they didn't have social or religious strictures against it.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Saw this on facebook it is cute.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I love the WW memes.

But... damn FB is stealing my thunder.

Quoting mikiemom:

Saw this on facebook it is cute.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Quoting soontobemomof2k:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting romalove:

LOL

I've tried it when I was a teenager. I was really curious. I don't think anything of it, or that it was wrong. Now I'm married and I don't think about other women at all like that anymore. Although my hubby would probably want to see that lol

Inappropriate, but I just had a thought I found amusing...

Has anyone considered the beneficial effect upon teen pregnancy rates of promoting experimenting with lesbianism among teenagers?

Has got to be an easier sell than abstinence. :-)

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Sure, YOU are.  You are a grown woman, probably at least in your 30's, with kids.

Whole different story when 12 year olds begin experimenting - and they will experiment according to what is presented as normal behavior most of the time.    Sexuality is extremely malleable.  What happens in those early years is what you will deal with for the rest of your life, for good or ill.

It's just reprehensible and outrageous to ignore this.   So a Mom like you saying,  "Oh, I will always want men."  is just irrelevant at this point.  Of course you will. 

Quoting romalove:

LOL

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
5 moms liked this
At 12 I wanted boys. Heck, I wanted one in first grade.

I think your opinion on this subject says volumes about your security in your own sexuality.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Sure, YOU are.  You are a grown woman, probably at least in your 30's, with kids.

Whole different story when 12 year olds begin experimenting - and they will experiment according to what is presented as normal behavior most of the time.    Sexuality is extremely malleable.  What happens in those early years is what you will deal with for the rest of your life, for good or ill.

It's just reprehensible and outrageous to ignore this.   So a Mom like you saying,  "Oh, I will always want men."  is just irrelevant at this point.  Of course you will. 

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Nice reach, but meh....I'm probably twice your age, and quite secure in my long marriage, thanks.  LOL.  If I had insecurity, I think it might have manifested itself by now. 

Nice try at deflection though.

Quoting romalove:

At 12 I wanted boys. Heck, I wanted one in first grade.

I think your opinion on this subject says volumes about your security in your own sexuality.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)