Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Replies (151-160):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Come on, people! Let's run the Church Chat brigade out, lol.

Who's gonna see my Scarlett J, and raise me a Beyoncé? Hmm?

Post who you'd go there for, no matter where you define yourself on the scale. 

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Drew Barrymore

Michelle Rodriguez

Milla Jovovich

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Drew Barrymore

Michelle Rodriguez

Milla Jovovich

Hubba hubba! Especially Mila!

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Not even slightly

Quoting romalove:

Quoting candlegal:

I have also seen this with older women who have been in a bad marriage and are in the process of divorce.  Get them when they are the most vulnerable.

Quoting luvmygrndhg:

A friend of mine went to San Francisco to do an intership for several months.  She was in her early 20s and an older lesbian woman seduced her and convinced her she was gay.  She had a relationship with that woman and then when she returned home she met another lesbian woman and was in a relationship with her for a couple of years.  Then out of the blue, I got a wedding announcement for her marriage to a man!  She is now happily married and has a beautiful son!  I got the feeling when they came to visit me last summer that that period of her past life was not to be talked about.  I figure her dh knows but it's moot point now as she's in a committed heterosexual marriage.

So the moral of the story to me is that some young people are very vulnerable and can be misled into thinking they are gay by more "experienced" gays.

Quoting meriana:

I found it necessary to have a few serious talks with dd about a year ago because a couple of older lesbian girls (at different times) had nearly succeeded in totally confusing her. The thing was she had a couple of girl friends she was fairly close to. In our family it's very common to say to a close friend of either sex, "love ya", it doesn't refer to anything other than a close friendship. However, because dd would say this to her friends, these two girls tried to convince her that she must LOVE them in a way far more than close friendship and that she was, at the very least, bi-sexual and should try having a physical relationship because she would probably really enjoy it  They also promoted it as "you'd never ever have to worry about getting pregnant". Dd was becoming very confused and very unhappy. We finally had to tell the one girl to stay away from dd because she wouldn't let it go when dd told her no. (the girl was suggesting dd try it with her also)

So as I said, I had to have a few talks with dd about the difference between loving someone in the manner of just really caring about them, how they feel and what happens to them vs the kind of love that leads to an intimate relationship. Kids just entering puberty are suddenly faced with a lot of changes and can become confused about their feelings when they are experiencing things they've never before dealt with. To have someone a bit older begin telling them they are probably bi-sexual or something and try to get them to experience that could, with some, lead them to think of themselves in a way they otherwise wouldn't, especially with all the "it's natural, nothing wrong with it, if you want to have sex, go ahead, etc. etc." rhetoric they're faced with nearly everyday regarding sex in general.

I think parents need to really talk to their kids about the difference between caring about (loving) someone in the sense you feel close to them and care what happens to them and the kind of love that leads to a physically intimate relationship. And NO. I don't think it's particularly healthy for teens to be experimenting sexually with one sex, let alone both, especially at a time in their lives when they are going through so many changes.

Are you insane?

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Quoting candlegal:

Not even slightly

Quoting romalove:

Quoting candlegal:

I have also seen this with older women who have been in a bad marriage and are in the process of divorce.  Get them when they are the most vulnerable.

Quoting luvmygrndhg:

A friend of mine went to San Francisco to do an intership for several months.  She was in her early 20s and an older lesbian woman seduced her and convinced her she was gay.  She had a relationship with that woman and then when she returned home she met another lesbian woman and was in a relationship with her for a couple of years.  Then out of the blue, I got a wedding announcement for her marriage to a man!  She is now happily married and has a beautiful son!  I got the feeling when they came to visit me last summer that that period of her past life was not to be talked about.  I figure her dh knows but it's moot point now as she's in a committed heterosexual marriage.

So the moral of the story to me is that some young people are very vulnerable and can be misled into thinking they are gay by more "experienced" gays.

Quoting meriana:

I found it necessary to have a few serious talks with dd about a year ago because a couple of older lesbian girls (at different times) had nearly succeeded in totally confusing her. The thing was she had a couple of girl friends she was fairly close to. In our family it's very common to say to a close friend of either sex, "love ya", it doesn't refer to anything other than a close friendship. However, because dd would say this to her friends, these two girls tried to convince her that she must LOVE them in a way far more than close friendship and that she was, at the very least, bi-sexual and should try having a physical relationship because she would probably really enjoy it  They also promoted it as "you'd never ever have to worry about getting pregnant". Dd was becoming very confused and very unhappy. We finally had to tell the one girl to stay away from dd because she wouldn't let it go when dd told her no. (the girl was suggesting dd try it with her also)

So as I said, I had to have a few talks with dd about the difference between loving someone in the manner of just really caring about them, how they feel and what happens to them vs the kind of love that leads to an intimate relationship. Kids just entering puberty are suddenly faced with a lot of changes and can become confused about their feelings when they are experiencing things they've never before dealt with. To have someone a bit older begin telling them they are probably bi-sexual or something and try to get them to experience that could, with some, lead them to think of themselves in a way they otherwise wouldn't, especially with all the "it's natural, nothing wrong with it, if you want to have sex, go ahead, etc. etc." rhetoric they're faced with nearly everyday regarding sex in general.

I think parents need to really talk to their kids about the difference between caring about (loving) someone in the sense you feel close to them and care what happens to them and the kind of love that leads to a physically intimate relationship. And NO. I don't think it's particularly healthy for teens to be experimenting sexually with one sex, let alone both, especially at a time in their lives when they are going through so many changes.

Are you insane?

I couldn't tell from your ridiculous comment here.  Only a crazy person would think that gay women are actively seeking out "vulnerable" new divorcees to try and convert them to gay.  And that women are so "vulnerable" to being converted.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Olivia Wilde wouldn't even have to try to convert me, I'm already there for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you have been sick.  I hope it's nothing serious and you start to feel better quickly.  The research project sounds interesting.  

As for me, I've been well.  Nothing new and exciting happening here.  :)   It certainly is great to see you around here.  You have been missed!

Quoting DangerDarling:

Hi! :) I'm doing pretty well. I'm doing some research on religious perceptions right now and I'm gearing up to present a new research project to see if I can get a grant for next year. Nothing huge or groundbreaking, but time consuming. I'm also spending a bunch of time being sick, which is just amazing. How are you? 

Quoting katy_kay08:

oh, how I have missed you!  I was just thinking about you the other day.  How are you doing?!

meriana
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Quoting Bookwormy:

Sex is great between consenting adults. If your DD is too young, that's an issue. If much older teens of either gender are coming on to her, that's a big problem. If she's actually bi & you've shut her down, that bites for you.

Quoting meriana:

I think parents need to really talk to their kids about the difference between caring about (loving) someone in the sense you feel close to them and care what happens to them and the kind of love that leads to a physically intimate relationship. And NO. I don't think it's particularly healthy for teens to be experimenting sexually with one gender, let alone both, especially at a time in their lives when they are going through so many changes.

Dd has always liked boys. She'll be 15 just about the time school begins in the fall and she still really likes boys. This happened when she was barely 13. She was really getting confused and beginning to think she really was bi-sexual even though she had no desire to be intimate with a girl in any way. She is also a very loving person who really cares what happens to her friends, has no problem standing up for someone who's being picked on and also has no problem giving a girl-friend a hug in greeting, when saying good-bye or when her friend is upset over something. (We are a very huggy family, she has grown up being hugged and seeing us hug our friends and other family members when saying goodbye or just because we haven't seen them in awhile). These two older girls were using that along with all the stuff about being sexually intimate with the same gender being normal and natural, nothing wrong with it, etc. to try and convince her she was really either lesbian or at least bi-sexual. She was just beginning puberty and as with most kids at that stage, she was experiencing things she hadn't before so she was getting really confused and beginning to think her really caring (because she is a loving and caring person) about someone meant she wanted to be and perhaps should be, intimate with them. Hence the talks we had.

I'm sure she's not the only young teen that has been in that situation just as I'm sure she won't be the last. When kids are experiencing all those hormones for the first time and the way they look at themselves and others is beginning to change, they are very vulnerable to the suggestions, ideas of others older than themselves and unfortunatly, when they are taught that something is normal, natural, there's nothing wrong with it, they are far less likely to find it objectionable. They are more likely to engage in behavior that society, in general, finds acceptable simply because they often have not yet completely formed their own ideas about things and they have not yet completely come to terms with who they are as individuals. Even those considered strong willed are often influenced by others. At one time, society really didn't accept sexual activity among unmarried people, let alone teens. Over time that has changed, society now, for the most part, basically says something along the lines of they're going to do it anyway so make sure they're safe and provide b.c, etc. Of course there were always those who engaged in sexual activity regardless of the view of society in general but now we have 13-14 yr olds being sexually intimate, often with more than one partner, and 15 yr olds either having babies or abortions and thinking nothing of it. No matter what their parents teach them, it can be and is often quite difficult for teens to say no to something society in general finds acceptable.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Sigh....I'll never understand why anyone would care what any number of two consenting adults do for pleasure behind closed doors... How you achieve an orgasm has no bearing on how you treat others and how you deserve to be treated. I wonder if they're targeted because of other's sexual repression.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Damnit woman!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

I love you so much I can't figure out how I'm not gay.

Quoting DangerDarling:

Oh Momniscient, this is why you are my sweetheart. <3

*shoves momniscient over*

ooh ooH! Pick me! Pick me!

I'm single, and ooh yeah I'm fah-fah-luid on that Kinsey scale, for sure!

And I make a mean pot of chicken soup, and I'm really nurturing! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured