Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Replies (171-180):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Gosh. I have to travel to fall prey to the homosexual lifestyle?

Sigh.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Momniscient:

She has a very low opinion of women.

I'm recently divorced.

And now I'm a bit pissed that not one woman has tried to prey on me.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting candlegal:

Not even slightly

Quoting romalove:

Quoting candlegal:

I have also seen this with older women who have been in a bad marriage and are in the process of divorce.  Get them when they are the most vulnerable.

Quoting luvmygrndhg:

A friend of mine went to San Francisco to do an intership for several months.  She was in her early 20s and an older lesbian woman seduced her and convinced her she was gay.  She had a relationship with that woman and then when she returned home she met another lesbian woman and was in a relationship with her for a couple of years.  Then out of the blue, I got a wedding announcement for her marriage to a man!  She is now happily married and has a beautiful son!  I got the feeling when they came to visit me last summer that that period of her past life was not to be talked about.  I figure her dh knows but it's moot point now as she's in a committed heterosexual marriage.

So the moral of the story to me is that some young people are very vulnerable and can be misled into thinking they are gay by more "experienced" gays.

Quoting meriana:

I found it necessary to have a few serious talks with dd about a year ago because a couple of older lesbian girls (at different times) had nearly succeeded in totally confusing her. The thing was she had a couple of girl friends she was fairly close to. In our family it's very common to say to a close friend of either sex, "love ya", it doesn't refer to anything other than a close friendship. However, because dd would say this to her friends, these two girls tried to convince her that she must LOVE them in a way far more than close friendship and that she was, at the very least, bi-sexual and should try having a physical relationship because she would probably really enjoy it  They also promoted it as "you'd never ever have to worry about getting pregnant". Dd was becoming very confused and very unhappy. We finally had to tell the one girl to stay away from dd because she wouldn't let it go when dd told her no. (the girl was suggesting dd try it with her also)

So as I said, I had to have a few talks with dd about the difference between loving someone in the manner of just really caring about them, how they feel and what happens to them vs the kind of love that leads to an intimate relationship. Kids just entering puberty are suddenly faced with a lot of changes and can become confused about their feelings when they are experiencing things they've never before dealt with. To have someone a bit older begin telling them they are probably bi-sexual or something and try to get them to experience that could, with some, lead them to think of themselves in a way they otherwise wouldn't, especially with all the "it's natural, nothing wrong with it, if you want to have sex, go ahead, etc. etc." rhetoric they're faced with nearly everyday regarding sex in general.

I think parents need to really talk to their kids about the difference between caring about (loving) someone in the sense you feel close to them and care what happens to them and the kind of love that leads to a physically intimate relationship. And NO. I don't think it's particularly healthy for teens to be experimenting sexually with one sex, let alone both, especially at a time in their lives when they are going through so many changes.

Are you insane?

I couldn't tell from your ridiculous comment here.  Only a crazy person would think that gay women are actively seeking out "vulnerable" new divorcees to try and convert them to gay.  And that women are so "vulnerable" to being converted.

Aww, move to Jersey and I'll make my usual "not gay" exception.  :-)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Momniscient:

Well that is the inevitable conclusion to the homosexual agenda isn't it?

Might as well go with it.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Damnit woman!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

I love you so much I can't figure out how I'm not gay.

Quoting DangerDarling:

Oh Momniscient, this is why you are my sweetheart. <3

*shoves momniscient over*

ooh ooH! Pick me! Pick me!

I'm single, and ooh yeah I'm fah-fah-luid on that Kinsey scale, for sure!

And I make a mean pot of chicken soup, and I'm really nurturing! 

Threesome?

I know... Thing is, what two or more consenting adults (humans!) do or do to choose to do with their bodies is Nobody's Business! 

Dirty? Kinky? 

Or wholesome, pure? 

When we decide what we think, we define the words we use to describe it. <---and you can quote my mom!

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Damnit woman!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DangerDarling:

Threesome?

I know... Thing is, what two or more consenting adults (humans!) do or do to choose to do with their bodies is Nobody's Business! 

Dirty? Kinky? 

Or wholesome, pure? 

When we decide what we think, we define the words we use to describe it. <---and you can quote my mom!

Hahahaha! My dd12 saw my reply and added her own comment on it - I had run to the bathroom, lol. 

Eh, she likes to check her messages on my iPd while waiting for her clunky laptop to submit her assignments to her (cyber school) teachers. 

I told her that is a no-no, lol. 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Damnit woman!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DangerDarling:

Threesome?

Dirty? Kinky? 

Or wholesome, pure? 

I love your mom.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Damnit woman!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DangerDarling:

Threesome?

Dirty? Kinky? 

Or wholesome, pure? 

Hahahaha! My dd12 saw my reply and added her own comment on it - I had run to the bathroom, lol. 

Eh, she likes to check her messages on my iPd while waiting for her clunky laptop to submit her assignments to her (cyber school) teachers. 

LOL! Oh my.

That means I love you, because I quoted the original 12 yo response saying

'I love your mom.'

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

How many of those who are worried about mainstreaming gay people say that if we make that a viable choice it will make more people choose it?

I always wonder about those people....I mean, I'm as strong a supporter of gay rights as you will find, but I love men and won't be gay no matter who can marry who.  LOL

Have you noticed how often anonymous forums have threads full of women who say they want to try having sex with another woman?

If it was more acceptable for people to be homosexual, I think more of those posters would have tried it, when young adults, before they got trapped into a marriage.

That's because sexuality is more of a spectrum than an either/or thing. And you're right- people would 'come out' about that more often if it were more acceptable. Meanwhile, it's all boiling under the surface.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

How many of those who are worried about mainstreaming gay people say that if we make that a viable choice it will make more people choose it?

I always wonder about those people....I mean, I'm as strong a supporter of gay rights as you will find, but I love men and won't be gay no matter who can marry who.  LOL

Have you noticed how often anonymous forums have threads full of women who say they want to try having sex with another woman?

If it was more acceptable for people to be homosexual, I think more of those posters would have tried it, when young adults, before they got trapped into a marriage.

That's because sexuality is more of a spectrum than an either/or thing. And you're right- people would 'come out' about that more often if it were more acceptable. Meanwhile, it's all boiling under the surface.

And causing untold heartache and a lot of hate, problems and even death.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM

lol at this thread...

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Damnit woman!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DangerDarling:

Threesome?

Dirty? Kinky? 

Or wholesome, pure? 

LOL! Oh my.

That means I love you, because I quoted the original 12 yo response saying

'I love your mom.'

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Which really, really sucks.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting romalove:

LOL

Which really, really sucks.

It really really does. I have hope though for a more enlightened future for our kiddos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured