Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think Oscar Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp on purpose?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 24 Replies

Witness in Oscar Pistorius Shooting Speaks & It Makes the Athlete Look Really Bad

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on February 20, 2013 

oscar pistoriusThings continue to spiral downward for Oscar Pistorius, the double-amputee Olympic runner who's being accused of intentionally murdering his gorgeous model girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. He's currently undergoing a bail hearing in his home country of South Africa, and despite breaking down in "uncontrollable sobs" in the courtroom yesterday, it seems his story isn't adding up. A witness has now given their account of what they saw the night of Reeva's murder, and it doesn't make Pistorius look like a man who thought he was shooting an intruder.

According to The New York Times, prosecutors told the court that a witness heard "nonstop talking, like fighting" between the hours of 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. the night Reeva Steenkamp was shot. The BBC also claims that an officer took the stand in court today and said: "We have [the] statement of a person who said after he heard gunshots, he went to his balcony and saw the light was on. Then he heard a female screaming two-three times, then more gunshots." This is completely different from what Pistorius said yesterday -- that he thought an intruder was in his bathroom.

And making things even worse for the athlete, a detective also told the court that two bottles of testosterone and needles were found at Pistorius' home; he added that, after some investigation, he doubted that Pistorius was without his prosthetic legs like he originally said he was.

All in all, things aren't looking good for Oscar Pistorius. Of course, an actual trial still needs to take place, but if today is any indication of how things are going to go, I can't say I'd be surprised if he were found guilty. The death of Reeva Steenkamp is a tragedy any way you look at it, but I was really hoping this was an accident. Heartbreaking.

Do you think Oscar Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp on purpose?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I suspect that my spectulation on the subject is as likely to be accurate as all of the spectulation about the OJ trial.

PamR
by Pam on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Possibly steroid-fueled, but they had been arguing, she's holed up hiding in the bathroom and he thinks she's an intruder?  That doesn't sound right.

Trollslayer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

In my opinion from reading different articles is that yes he killed her on purpose.   Will it be proven? Who knows....

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Domestic Violence claimes another. 

joey125
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My only question would be why would you shoot through a door , not seeing who is on the other side, makes no sense. and why would a would be intruder hide in the bathroom  In the end, only the jury will decide.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

She was fully clad, with her phone in hand in the locked BR, and was shot dead by a person with whom she had a history of previous DV enocounters.

Yes, I think his actions were purposeful.

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM

It seems like it was. So sad.  :( 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Yes...no doubt in my mind

Piskie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:13 AM
No clue yet. A lot of the 'evidence' was shown to be rubbish in the cross examination. There was no testosterone or steroids in his house. The person who said they heard arguments was a lot further away than they said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Considering the lead investigator has been investigated for seven counts of attempted murder I think they have probably fouled this case up beyond repair. First this investigator said he had to be wearing his legs according to ballistics then back tracked by saying they cannot rule out Pistorius version of events based on the evidence. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)