Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Eating too much can make you fat

Eating too little could kill you

Eating sugar is poisonous to your health

Eating fake sugar is poisonous to your health

Breathe at your own risk

Drink water at your own risk

Fluoride is bad for you

No fluoride will result in crumbly teeth

Vaccinations kill and maim

Not vaccinating can kill your child from a preventable illness

Peanuts can be deadly to your neighbor

Don't drink and drive

Don't drink and take Tylenol

Don't drink more than a drink or two

Don't drink more than a couple of times a week

Drink every day one glass of wine for best effect

Drive at your own risk

Walk at your own risk

Beware sidewalk cracks

Dairy is full of snot

No dairy means crumbly bones

Eat organic

Don't eat organic

Movies, music, and television will rot your brain

Video games kill

Guns don't kill

Consider yourself warned and have a nice day.

Don't sue me if you don't.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Well, like the "Boy in the Plastic Bubble" we will live in the bubbles too, so we won't breathe in the air, drink sterllized water, and take food tablets. 
We. like the ":boy in the plastic bubble" will

Mark Snow

butterfly on headlynda  

jazzieshari
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
You got me on the dairy is full of snot part gross
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Lmao! As someone who milks those cows twice a day, 365 days a year, this one made me actually laugh out loud!

Quoting SuperChicken:

Dairy is full of snot? Ick.

secondboy2012
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Raw milk is all we buy.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Snot and antibiotics ... at least from farms that feed their cows gunk and medicine to keep their stomachs from exploding (cows can't burp OR digest corn) and regular rations of antibiotics to prevent mastitis due to the unhealthy diet and endless round of calving and being milked for high production.

The ag people will tell you that there are no antibiotics in milk sold in the stores. I'm allergic to tetracycline, and it's one of the most used. When a glass of milk contains enough tetracycline to give me a full anaphylactic reaction, trust me, the drug is in there. 

That same dairy industry and the ag offices will tell you that raw milk will make you sick. Sorry, but not if the animal is healthy and proper hygiene is maintained while milking and handling that milk. I've had dairy goats (and prior to that bought raw cow milk from a woman that lives two doors down the road) for years without ever getting sick. She has five children that have been raised on that milk.

Raw cow milk is no different than breast milk as far as safety and health is concerned. If 'mom' is sick, they milk becomes an issue. If 'mom' is taking medicine, it's likely in the milk. If the milk is removed from 'mom' and poured into a dirty container or left sitting out of the frig or freezer, it turns into a breeding ground for bacteria. How many women pump their own breast milk for their babies? It's the same thing. Bigger boobs produce more milk, but it's all milk ... and what applies to human women applies to any other female mammal, including cows, goats, etc.

Factory farmed milk doesn't care about healthy 'moms' ~ they only care about the lowest common denominator set by the fda.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

You forgot breastfeeding will make your child smart and good looking

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah just existing and breathing does seem to be hazardous these days. Thanks for the warning. I am just going to have to take my risks.  simple smile

SuperJo
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Out of all the posts I could choose from, why did I pick this one? :[
frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Uh, yes, they can. In fact, corn causes them to belch more. 

Quoting Farmlady09:

Snot and antibiotics ... at least from farms that feed their cows gunk and medicine to keep their stomachs from exploding (cows can't burp OR digest corn) and regular rations of antibiotics to prevent mastitis due to the unhealthy diet and endless round of calving and being milked for high production.

The ag people will tell you that there are no antibiotics in milk sold in the stores. I'm allergic to tetracycline, and it's one of the most used. When a glass of milk contains enough tetracycline to give me a full anaphylactic reaction, trust me, the drug is in there. 

That same dairy industry and the ag offices will tell you that raw milk will make you sick. Sorry, but not if the animal is healthy and proper hygiene is maintained while milking and handling that milk. I've had dairy goats (and prior to that bought raw cow milk from a woman that lives two doors down the road) for years without ever getting sick. She has five children that have been raised on that milk.

Raw cow milk is no different than breast milk as far as safety and health is concerned. If 'mom' is sick, they milk becomes an issue. If 'mom' is taking medicine, it's likely in the milk. If the milk is removed from 'mom' and poured into a dirty container or left sitting out of the frig or freezer, it turns into a breeding ground for bacteria. How many women pump their own breast milk for their babies? It's the same thing. Bigger boobs produce more milk, but it's all milk ... and what applies to human women applies to any other female mammal, including cows, goats, etc.

Factory farmed milk doesn't care about healthy 'moms' ~ they only care about the lowest common denominator set by the fda.

Quoting SuperChicken:

mikesmom65270
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Dairy increases mucus production, it doesn't actually contain snot.   This might only be an issue if you have a cold or other respiratory issues, then cutting it out for a while would be helpful.

Quoting SuperChicken:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Well, that's imaginary.

Snot is not produced by mammary glands, although there are forms of mucus made there. It's like suggesting that, because 'it's liquid a body excretes' there is urine in saliva.

Brainless misunderstanding of biology, there...

Quoting romalove:

Quoting SuperChicken:

According to a well known vegan book.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)