Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BREAKING NEW....Locked down at a High School...4 total guns found! Rifle...shot gun..

Posted by   + Show Post

Westminster, CO.  What the heck is going on in our schools?  Especially, being this is CO once again!  Honestly, if I was raising my kids now days, I don't think I could have them attend public schools.  I would have to home school them. 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Crazy.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.

Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

*rereads my comment*  I don't see anything in my reply about gun control.  

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Seems the weapons were not part of some plot against students or had any thing to do with the students or the staff.

Sounds more like asshat people with guns.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Right, you mentioned a "gun culture" as reason for the violence but you were not implying tighter gun control is the solution. Okie dokie, Smokie.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM

The OP sounded surprised that this was coming up again in that state, I only suggested that it doesn't surprise me.  

If you read more into that reply that's your mistake.  

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Right, you mentioned a "gun culture" as reason for the violence but you were not implying tighter gun control is the solution. Okie dokie, Smokie.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Sure *wink wink*

Quoting katy_kay08:

The OP sounded surprised that this was coming up again in that state, I only suggested that it doesn't surprise me.  

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

*shrug*  I've yet to have issues saying what I mean but you believing me is really low on my list of things I plan on concerning myself with on any given day.  

Have a great night!  And by that I mean "have a great night!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Sure *wink wink*

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM
And I will repeat ... Okie Dokie, Smokie.

Quoting katy_kay08:

*shrug*  I've yet to have issues saying what I mean but you believing me is really low on my list of things I plan on concerning myself with on any given day.  

Have a great night!  And by that I mean "have a great night!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Sure *wink wink*

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I don't have the answers to this problem. I'm only explaining why the gun ban doesn't work here in the city of Chicago, my home. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.
Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Quoting katy_kay08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured