Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

BREAKING NEW....Locked down at a High School...4 total guns found! Rifle...shot gun..

Posted by   + Show Post

Westminster, CO.  What the heck is going on in our schools?  Especially, being this is CO once again!  Honestly, if I was raising my kids now days, I don't think I could have them attend public schools.  I would have to home school them. 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM

More guns, more ammo= more gun related issues. 

torttia
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I have always wanted to home school and dh has said no way....until recently.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Gun bans do not work because criminals do not obey the law.

Quoting mehamil1:

I don't have the answers to this problem. I'm only explaining why the gun ban doesn't work here in the city of Chicago, my home. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.

Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Well then, they need to ban criminals

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

I don't have the answers to this problem. I'm only explaining why the gun ban doesn't work here in the city of Chicago, my home. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.

Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Seems as if all the crazies that could no longer afford to live in Cali - moved to Colorado.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yeah, well I don't know why it's CO.  I mean it seems like it would be happening more in CA, Chicago places like that.  I believe the guns were found out aways on the grass part of the school.  Also, that a nearby house had a break-in. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM

The guns ended up there because someone broke into a home and tried to steal them seems to be the reason.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I understand your fear but shootings can happen anywhere. People were killed in a movie theater last year. Gabrielle Giffords was shot (and a little girl was killed) in a supermarket. You can't live in a bubble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is that so hard to understand? PA is working on the Florida Loophole Law" for this very reason.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Doesn't Mexico have gun control laws? And don't they get most of their guns from us? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Here's the thing, that argument is stupid. It's been hashed and rehashed. I am tired of it. 

If criminals do not obey the law, then fuck all laws. Why bother with any laws at all? - that is the nonsense comes out of that argument. I am not in favor of gun prohibition but gun control. The vast majority of people are in favor of that. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Quoting katy_kay08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN