Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

BREAKING NEW....Locked down at a High School...4 total guns found! Rifle...shot gun..

Posted by   + Show Post

Westminster, CO.  What the heck is going on in our schools?  Especially, being this is CO once again!  Honestly, if I was raising my kids now days, I don't think I could have them attend public schools.  I would have to home school them. 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

A lot of governments on this planet buy weapons from US weapon manufacturers. We are supplying the world with weapons and then wonder when those weapons are used against us. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

Doesn't Mexico have gun control laws? And don't they get most of their guns from us? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Using that logic, a national gun Ban Would be equally ineffective Since people can just go to Mexico or, easier still, order them on the internet.
Quoting mehamil1:

The reason why it doesn't work here in Chicago is because anyone can leave this city and get weapons somewhere else and then bring it back here. Having guns banned in the city but not the state or at the federal level is an exorcise in redundancy. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:
Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.
Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

sidesplittinglaughter 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yeah, they need stricter gun laws, like those in Chicago, where strict gun laws have eliminated gun violen ... oh, wait.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm not all that surprised that it's Colorado.  There seems to be a very prevalent gun culture there.  

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

You and I both know why the gun ban doesn't work here. People can leave the city and get them elsewhere. Legally. It's redundant without meaningful gun laws that are enforced at the federal level. It won't stop everything, but it would definitely curb what is going on here in Chicago. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: 
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Something has to give -- and soon.  The homicide rate is climbing  steadily and the police have no control over the situation, or certain areas of the city.   

Quoting mehamil1:

You and I both know why the gun ban doesn't work here. People can leave the city and get them elsewhere. Legally. It's redundant without meaningful gun laws that are enforced at the federal level. It won't stop everything, but it would definitely curb what is going on here in Chicago. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: 
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

If there was meaningful development in those areas, with education and business and better access to resources, I know the murder rate would come down. People are killing each other over control of very little resources. That's just one part of it. Also, too many were raised in a kill or be killed manner. That will take time to unlearn. There's so much that can be done and the police can only do so much. Gun laws can only do so much. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Something has to give -- and soon.  The homicide rate is climbing  steadily and the police have no control over the situation, or certain areas of the city.   

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: 
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Police arrested a dude wandering around a high school in our city. They arrested him for trespassing and found 4 legal registered guns in his home. He said he was bullied in that school and he was there to "face his fears".
People are going crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.  Kids are being raised in `hell holes' with not a glimpse of a future that does not include a survival of the fittest attitude. 

Quoting mehamil1:

If there was meaningful development in those areas, with education and business and better access to resources, I know the murder rate would come down. People are killing each other over control of very little resources. That's just one part of it. Also, too many were raised in a kill or be killed manner. That will take time to unlearn. There's so much that can be done and the police can only do so much. Gun laws can only do so much. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: 
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting katy_kay08:

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
What a freaking moron. And I bet there are tons who agree with him.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Shot Gun!

That crazy Joe Biden

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

While he was trespassing, I think you just proved the point.

Legal gun owner, guns were left legally in his house, he went to the school unarmed, to heal.

Quoting mlg1989:

Police arrested a dude wandering around a high school in our city. They arrested him for trespassing and found 4 legal registered guns in his home. He said he was bullied in that school and he was there to "face his fears".
People are going crazy.

Bertha21
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I live in CO and they said last night they actually only found 2?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)