Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Sick of a**hole Doctors EDITED FOR LATEST UPDATE

****UPDATE: 2/25... I had all my tests and NO signs of cancer. I cannot tell you the relief I feel. Thanks for all the good wishes!******

m sick of medical professionals thinking they can pick and choose what to tell a patient. As a nurse, I have been taught the patient has the right know everything.

I had a mammogram about 3 weeks ago ordered by my PCP and asked for my midwife (who does my gyn care) to get a copy. 2 weeks go by and nothing. I think everything is fine. On a Saturday I get a letter from the hospital stating I needed further testing. Fine. I call my PCP on Monday and he says it's nothing. I need a spot compression mammography and us. I said "did they see nodules?" he said "no. The pictures aren't clear. I question him because why would they do a spot compression if there are nodules. Still he says nothing. I now get a letter and call from my midwife saying I have 3 nodules.. 1 in the right and 2 in the left breast. I call my PCP and he said he "didn't want me to worry". WTF?? I went off on him and I'm getting a new PCP.

Sorry for the rant but it pisses me off!

UPDATE: this gets worse. I've had the worst UTI

Of my life this week. I was on 2 antibiotics and finally had to go to the ER on Wednesday night. They did a CT scan to rule out kidney stones. My PCP ( I can't switch yet) said everything was clear. My UTI is still bad so he sent me to a urologist today. He tells " I am sure your doctor told you this but your CT scan showed a nodule

on your left lower lobe. Again he lied! I can't switch until I get these tests done. It will take too long and I want these tests done now. So, now I am going on Monday for all the tests. He said it is probably nothing. I had to insist on the ct of the chest. When this is over, I'm reporting him.

I wasn't that afraid before but am scared shitless now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I agree, you need a new PCP. 

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Holy shit. I just read this. That "doctor" should not be a doctor!
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM

If he didn't 'lie' then he's incompetent.

How awful!

Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Okay...that's sucks.  I'm having lots of good thoughts for you.

In the meantime, it's time to get your hands on your own reports (and films if possible.)  Sometimes, I've been able to get my own reports directly; sometimes radiologists will only fax to a doc.  As a nurse, you must know a doc or an office that you can get copies sent to where they'll just hand them over to you.  You only need your PCP for the red tape requirement, right?  I'd say take him out of the equation for everything else.

Much luck!

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I can understand your concern I have the same reaction anytime a doctor says "let's not worry about it until the test results are back"

However, I think they are doing this thanks to google. You get a lot of worse case scenarios and misinformation about medical issues and so many people will run to google before they know anything which serves to shoot their anxiety through the roof.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump

Just wanted to give everyone the update...Everything came back - No signs of cancer!  The only thing that wasn't officially read was the CT scan of the chest but the radiologist who reads the mammography's felt so bad for me she went next store and looked at the scan for me and saw nothing suspicious, THe small nodule is probably form the bronchitis I had several times over the years.

THanks for all the good wishes...they worked!

gludwig2000
by Gina on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, this is the first that I've seen this, and I'm so happy that everything came back so well! What a horrible experience to have to go through, and yeah, you need a new PCP.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
:) nice update!
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Bump

Just wanted to give everyone the update...Everything came back - No signs of cancer!  The only thing that wasn't officially read was the CT scan of the chest but the radiologist who reads the mammography's felt so bad for me she went next store and looked at the scan for me and saw nothing suspicious, THe small nodule is probably form the bronchitis I had several times over the years.

THanks for all the good wishes...they worked!

I am so glad to hear this!

Breath a bit.................. you deserve it.

lga1965
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It's good to know you are cancer free.   :-) What a relief!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)