Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O of Unvite: Yes or No to Registries?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 106 Replies

The unvite thread got me wondering ... a lot of people get up in arms about wedding or gift registries ... what is your opinion? 

I had them for my wedding and for my baby shower.  I've also known people who do honeymoon registries (basically a website that allows people to pay for part of the honeymoon).

Thoughts?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Personally, I'm not really into them. it helps to know what a couple/new mom needs though. 

If I were to get married, I'm planning on going to city hall and be done with it. I'd have a party if someone else threw it (I hate party planning so much, I really truly hate it and I refuse to do it). If people brought gifts, yay. But I wouldn't register anywhere. That's just me. A party pooper. My older sister is into party planning and she and I really get into it sometimes. Because our relationship hasn't evolved past being 10 and 11 years old. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think registries are tacky, but we chose to not include it in our invite. Many people asked if we made one, though.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I like gift registries!  I had one for my baby shower, and my wedding. :) 

Though that new car one is kind of silly. LOL 

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I don't have an issue with registeries, especially when there is a large guest list. I like knowing what other people are bringing so I don't bring the 40th toaster and I like to know the couple/mom'a taste.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I wouldn't ever use one. 

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM

You mean you wouldn't create one for yourself?  Or you wouldn't buy off of one?

Quoting momtoscott:

I wouldn't ever use one. 

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I would never create one for myself.  I very much dislike buying off of them, as well, although I have had to sometimes in the past.   

Quoting pansyprincess:

You mean you wouldn't create one for yourself?  Or you wouldn't buy off of one?

Quoting momtoscott:

I wouldn't ever use one. 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I think they are wonderful things.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's fine to have a registry, but I don't think that information should be included in invitations.  I think a registry  can be mentioned if someone asks what you would like or if you're registered anywhere.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
5 moms liked this
I like registeries. I hate guessing at what to get someone. With a registry I know what they want and know that my gift won't get thrown in storage.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)