Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Good food with nothing more than a microwave.............HELP!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 33 Replies

Throw ideas my way, please!  I have googled a bit but you ladies are smart and savay and I am begging for help. lol

I am living in a hotel room for another month. I am sick of Subway and frozen dinners.  Sure, we get up to $45 a day for food but eating out just isn't working for me.

How can I utilize my small, but effective, microwave and eat some good, home cooked food?!?

I'm tired as hell so yeah, I'm not able to really think this through on my own. lol  Any other ideas outside of my own are appreciated.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Bacon and eggs is the first thing that comes to mind. Or even chop up some veggies and/or cheese to mix in the eggs. Refried beans, cheese and veggies For burritos, Maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Red Baron makes some awesome microwave pizza, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Soup?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Hey now, thanks for the suggestions!  

I didn't think about burritos!  That will work.  

It's so hard to think when you are feeling sorry for yourself. lmao

christina0607
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM
You can steam anything...even grilled chicken. Although I would probably stick to chicken and white fishes.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Salsa on micro "baked" potato, topped w/ shredded cheese. You can keep the cheese & salsa in the small fridge that most hotel rooms have.

Raise a paper plate up to mid-level (on an upside down bowl), wrap whole wheat tortillas in damp paper towels, heat until steamy warm. Immediately fill with cooked canned black beans, cheese, salsa, cooked shredded chicken (canned or from the salad bar of a grocery store)... these both go well with salads, soups.

Frozen vegetables in those "steamble" packaging, alond with the baked potato, etc. 

Brown rice, Mac n cheese, & other sides, like mashed potato, can be found in the grocery store; you can add them to a roasted whole chicken also available in most grocery stores. 

That's just off the top of my head, lol.

RMC007
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I would invest in a cheap crock pot. Throw in a roast, baby carrots, red potatoes, a packet of frenchy onion soup, and a little water and "tada" you have a pot roast.

NewMom11222011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Or a two burner plug in stovetop.

Quoting RMC007:

I would invest in a cheap crock pot. Throw in a roast, baby carrots, red potatoes, a packet of frenchy onion soup, and a little water and "tada" you have a pot roast.

Mama2Spencerninja

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I knew to post here!  I knew I would get some ideas I had not thought of and probably would not!

Hmmmm, a crock pot.  Damn, I feel like a fool!  lol  What a fantastic idea!  I could just mail it home.  

Keep em' coming ladies!

And a huge THANK YOU to those who have taken the time to respond!!

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN