Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Sate Law lets Mother Decide Who Will Raise Children Born Out Of Extramarital Affair

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/new-state-law-lets-mother-decide-who-will-raise-children-born-out-of-extramarital-affair

What are your thoughts on this New Sate Law & would you want it implemented for your state as well ?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
adrianasmommy07
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Ridiculous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

No, I do not agree with this law.

Good for this young man for standing up for himself and his son.  

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I don't like it.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I feel like if a man WANTS to be father to his child, and isn't a bad person, he should have a say in what happens to his child.  But I'm not for taking away the mother's rights either.  I just don't really know how to feel about this.

JLo1486
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I like how they called him a felon. Ummmm the wife is a felon as well then. This law is ridiculous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

In some states the child belongs to the husband legally as seems to be the case with this state. Now this allows that the woman can choose to allow the biological dad to raise the child which is an improvement over the previous law.

However, I do not think extramarital affairs should be felonies and should only be under tort law.

gizmo538
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I think this is rediculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured