Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hearts And Loves Day

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

My 4yr old is neurologically disabled, when first meeting him you'd never know it unless you tried to get into any kind of real conversation with him. Other than to talk about his favorite cartoon characters or movie characters he doesn't say much at all other than "no" and "uh uh" If you press him he shuts down completely, sometimes going so far as to go completely limp and lay on the floor until you leave him alone.

He doesn't have much interest in things other than his cartoons, movies and toys *well and his kitties lol* not even holidays, only likes the presents part of Yule and Christmas and the candy part of Halloween, otherwise he acts like they don't exist.  So when he came home from his EI preschool playgroup talking about "hearts and loves day" we were a bit confused. When he continued to talk about it and go on and on about how much he "loves hearts and loves day"  we asked his teacher and she let us know that's what he decided Valentines day is called. We can't convince him to call it Valentines day, he insists it's "hearts and loves day" and talks about it every day still.

At Walmart the other day we were walking past the Valentines clearance racks and he squealed with delight and ran to a rack and pulled a shirt down. He announced to the whole section of the store "THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHIRT EVER EVER EVER IT'S HEARTS AND LOVES DAY"   *yes it's a girls shirt but at only $1.97 and with how happy it made him there's no way we could say no :) *

So from my sweet munchkin to all of you, it's always hearts and loves day so everyone be happy :) 

*it's the little things in life* I hope you're all having a lovely start to your weekend.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Awesomeness! I'd send him a hearts & loves card if I could!

BTW, cool shirt - 

Proud2BWeird
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:19 AM
What a beautiful smile! Happy loves and hearts day to him (and you)!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:29 AM

He's been wearing it almost non-stop since we bought it, i threw it in the wash and as soon as i brought the basket back in he was digging it out. He keeps flashing it at everyone when we go out, yelling "HAPPY HEARTS AND LOVES DAY" LOL.

murrylaybull
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Hearts and love to your awesome son!
punky3175
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! I'm glad he found a shirt he adores especially one so cool.
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
What's been said above, really says it all for me.

I think it is wonderful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)