Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is the "n" word such a bad word? What does it mean? What are the definitions of these words? "n" word; cracker; c*nt; bi*ch

Posted by   + Show Post

This is sort of a spin off from the post about white people using the "n" word.  In that thread the word "cracker" was mentioned as a comparable word to the "n" word.  This idea made me wonder if people truly understand the definitions of various slang and insulting words.  I have a feeling many people do not understand the actual definitions because if they did they would not use the words so freely. 

One example is the "n" word.  Many people think it means ignorant.  If it really meant ignorant why would so many people flip out over being called this word? Why wouldn't we call "ignorant" the "i" word?

Here goes, what are the definitions of these words?

"n" word

cracker

c*nt

bi*ch

Feel free to add other words you feel are misunderstood and I will add them to the op.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (71-75):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

There are various reasons a child is bullied. One reason is lack of control. There are alot of parents that do not allow their child to have control of anything. Not themselves, not their things, not what they eat/don't eat, what they do/don't do. Part of bringing a child to adulthood is letting go at a very early age, little bits at a time. By letting go, you allow the child to experience things on their own....what happens if they don't eat dinner, what happens if they wear weird clothes, what happens if they talk mean to their sibling....anything. This is one of the ways they learn what they can control, what happens when they do, etc. Everyone has a desire to control their space, it helps make them feel like a person. They learn their space, they learn boundaries, they can control who comes in and who doesn't. Alot of parents prevent this, without realizing it. Alot of kids have a brattyness to them. Usually when they exert this, the person on the recieving end says or does something that stops it. However, if the recieving child has never been allowed to learn control of their space, they 'let the bully in'. They never knew they could do something about it, and often times a child is bullied for a long time before it even comes to the attention of an adult. Bullying can be verbal...an adult would never see a mark on the child. You don't have to bring your victim child to karate to protect themselves. You don't have to teach them to box/fight. You have to train them/allow them to learn and understand control of their space.

Quoting futureshock:
Quoting EireLass:

I'm guessing you have a child that is/was bullied and you think it's an attack on your parenting.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Clearely I disagree with you. I'd like you to please back up this claim with research based evidence. If you cannot, I will know that your claim is unsubstantiated & simply an unfounded thought/belief on your part.
Quoting EireLass:

All you have to do is think back to when you were growing up. Think of your children/classmates now. And read all the posts on CafeMom. It's obvious.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Reseach evidence citation please.
Quoting EireLass:

Most bullying 'victims' are set up by their parents. It's how they were trained to behave.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Tell that to the parents of all the kids who kill themselves over verbal bullying.

I am interested in your perspective and would like to know more about what you mean.

DestinyRoseLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Lmao

Quoting turtle68:

ummmm no we do not!  Call me that and you will be swallowing teeth :-)

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Did you know in Australia they say this in a friendly way?

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

The n word simply means one of dark skin, however, being that for years it was said to those that were abused as a label to make one feel less than or worthless it became a fire word. newer generations began referring to themselves as this label to simply spit in the face of those who tried to degrate them and kill their spirits.

Cracker is a word used to label one of light skin whom uses their whip referring to slavery lashings and animal herding. some would say it is racist to use it, however I dont believe it is imo.

C.NT itself is not a bad word, people used it in context to insult people the same way as pussy is not a bad word but people twisted to make a person feel weak, allowing one to walk all over you, or have no backbone.

Bitch is a female dog. So I think anyone who is called a bitch wouldnt be happy about it, whether the word is used correctly or not.

I have never heard of this definition:

C.NT
itself is not a bad word, people used it in context to insult people
the same way as pussy is not a bad word but people twisted to make a
person feel weak, allowing one to walk all over you, or have no
backbone.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyRoseLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Well I was stunned when I read it so happy to hear it isn't true :-)

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Lmao

Quoting turtle68:

ummmm no we do not!  Call me that and you will be swallowing teeth :-)

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Did you know in Australia they say this in a friendly way?

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

The n word simply means one of dark skin, however, being that for years it was said to those that were abused as a label to make one feel less than or worthless it became a fire word. newer generations began referring to themselves as this label to simply spit in the face of those who tried to degrate them and kill their spirits.

Cracker is a word used to label one of light skin whom uses their whip referring to slavery lashings and animal herding. some would say it is racist to use it, however I dont believe it is imo.

C.NT itself is not a bad word, people used it in context to insult people the same way as pussy is not a bad word but people twisted to make a person feel weak, allowing one to walk all over you, or have no backbone.

Bitch is a female dog. So I think anyone who is called a bitch wouldnt be happy about it, whether the word is used correctly or not.

I have never heard of this definition:

C.NT
itself is not a bad word, people used it in context to insult people
the same way as pussy is not a bad word but people twisted to make a
person feel weak, allowing one to walk all over you, or have no
backbone.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM

According to my husband the guy with the tricked out car, (skin color doesn't matter) 3 baby mamas, no job, can't speak right to save his life  and  who is ingnorant beyond belif always blaming everyone else for his problems is a N. 

also you don't have to use the N word to be racist/prejudice. 

1Giovanni
by Becca on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband believes the same thing. 

Quoting Citygirlk:

According to my husband the guy with the tricked out car, (skin color doesn't matter) 3 baby mamas, no job, can't speak right to save his life  and  who is ingnorant beyond belif always blaming everyone else for his problems is a N. 

also you don't have to use the N word to be racist/prejudice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured