Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jimmy Fallon featuring Michelle Obama - The evolustion of the Mom dance

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Replies (151-159):
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Michelle!

But then I have loved all our First Ladies, with the exception of Nancy Reagan.

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

So? If your point is that it's inappropriate for officials to dance, that's obviously not the case if you're okay with Kate doing it here. Is dancing okay only if it's taking part in other cultures? Why isn't dancing to promote a domestic cause okay?

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting chloedee:

Here she is on an official Royal visit to Tuvalu, dancing. The trip was well publicized and made international news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhPIibloJI

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting LauraKW:

Or perhaps she and her mannerisms - professional and otherwise - are what helped to get her husband elected. Perhaps the majority of voters in the country like the woman and what she does and how she represents the US. Every person gets silly, every leader in the world gets silly, and you can find them at the click of a button. And news flash, many countries don't take us seriously or respect us and it has nothing to do with dancing. I like Kate Middleton. You can see her breasts from when she spent her downtime with her husband at the click of a button as well. Was she representing well?

Quoting Susan0805:

Represent her husband and her country in a professional manner. Other countries see the first lady cutting a rug on a comedy show and I doubt they will take us seriously and respect our decisions. It just seems like she should give the appearance of dignity and fomality. I bet Kate middleton wont be seen doing "the springler"?!

Quoting LauraKW:

Perhaps you could explain what a "professional" FLOTUS should do with her down time.

Quoting Susan0805:

Also should add, I will agree she was entertaining and a good dancer, how unproffessional and inappropriate for a first lady she was. That is all.

Was'nt Kate Middleton on vacation when those photographs were taken? She did'nt go on national TV and jump around.

Its not unusual for heads of state and their proxies to participate in local culture and activities of the places they are visiting. You said it best an "official "trip.

JCB911
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Men have a shadow on their faces when they grow facial hair - in fact it's often called a "5 o'clock shadow".

And no I didn't know he had his show - I just guessed this was SNL.

We have a few shows we watch, which are DVR'ed so we don't even watch commercials - my husband is a computer whiz so we have great DVR-type capabilities and we're cable free.

Quoting lga1965:

Whydo men have shadows on the lower part of ther faces? And did you not know that  Jimmy Fallon has a late night show, just as Leno and Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel? It isn't a "comedy show", this wasn't on Comedy Central. and ,more important was that she looked like a woman in that video. Maybe if you go to the NBC site and look up Jimmy Fallon's show amd find the night this dance was shown, you will get a better ,more clear picture? Anyway, I'm still not seeing what you are seeing. LOL.

Quoting JCB911:

Thank you someone who says it wasn't the greatest video.  It was shadowy, the whole lower half of her face is shadowed, like a man's would be.  And it's not like these comedy shows wouldn't have an actor play her, they do that all the time have an actor dress up as an important figure (or an important figure's wife). And considering the first "mom" was a man, if all you're watching is this video I think someone might guess it's a man mimicking the first lady.

Quoting LauraKW:

The majority of the country disagrees with you and your piggish views. I do agree that wasn't the most flattering view of her face - I think it had something to do with that being a video of someone's tv, not the actual show. I didn't see that odd shadowy look on my own tv.

wOW,FLOTUS should not have anything to do w/who becomes POTUS.

FLOTUS has her manly-looking moments.

She is ,100%  of the time,ol Aunt Ester from Sanford and Son.  "Ohh,Fred Sanford!!!"

CafeMom Tickers

fliptopz4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting chloedee:

So? If your point is that it's inappropriate for officials to dance, that's obviously not the case if you're okay with Kate doing it here. Is dancing okay only if it's taking part in other cultures? Why isn't dancing to promote a domestic cause okay?

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting chloedee:

Here she is on an official Royal visit to Tuvalu, dancing. The trip was well publicized and made international news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhPIibloJI

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting LauraKW:

Or perhaps she and her mannerisms - professional and otherwise - are what helped to get her husband elected. Perhaps the majority of voters in the country like the woman and what she does and how she represents the US. Every person gets silly, every leader in the world gets silly, and you can find them at the click of a button. And news flash, many countries don't take us seriously or respect us and it has nothing to do with dancing. I like Kate Middleton. You can see her breasts from when she spent her downtime with her husband at the click of a button as well. Was she representing well?

Quoting Susan0805:

Represent her husband and her country in a professional manner. Other countries see the first lady cutting a rug on a comedy show and I doubt they will take us seriously and respect our decisions. It just seems like she should give the appearance of dignity and fomality. I bet Kate middleton wont be seen doing "the springler"?!

Quoting LauraKW:

Perhaps you could explain what a "professional" FLOTUS should do with her down time.

Quoting Susan0805:

Also should add, I will agree she was entertaining and a good dancer, how unproffessional and inappropriate for a first lady she was. That is all.

Was'nt Kate Middleton on vacation when those photographs were taken? She did'nt go on national TV and jump around.

Its not unusual for heads of state and their proxies to participate in local culture and activities of the places they are visiting. You said it best an "official "trip.

I just think its beneath them to be on a talk show like that.

lga1965
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Quoting PurdueMom:

I love Michelle!

But then I have loved all our First Ladies, with the exception of Nancy Reagan.

Same here! :-)

jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Oh, please, learn how to spell before you dare to criticize anyone. *unprofessional, *formality, *won't, *sprinkler

Quoting Susan0805:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Susan0805:

Dolcepsle
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM

My husband is an active duty TSgt in the USAF, going on 12 years and aiming for another 18 if possible. He is in the CRG and leaves within a few hours notice. He has to keep his gear in his vehicle at all times. He doesn't love Obama but you know what; he recognizes that running the nation is a job that is 1000's of times more stressful than his.

I'd rather give the Presidental family lavish gifts and vacations than some baby machine welfare checks and $800+ a month in food stamps. At least the President works for his money even if some people don't love everything he does.

Also, seriously, saying someones clothes put the nation in debt is so fricken hilarious. Really, like beyond hilarious. We are trillions in debt. Not $500,000

On another note, the military also pays the military. We consistently give back to our community, we pay state and federal taxes, they volunteer their time and money and the majority of members donate to charities monthly, straight from their checks.

Quoting JCB911:

We do pay for lots of those types of people, the ones who sacrifice normalcy and have 24 hr devotion to this country - they are our service men and women - we pay their salaries which pays for their food and clothing - although I doubt it's enough for vacations.  Those are men and women who are REALLY devoted to the USA, and "sacrifice normalcy" doesn't even start to describe what they go through for our country.   And if anyone needs a vacation from a high stress job I'd say it's them - not the guy who lives in a mansion and has everything taken care of for him, goes golfing, and has plenty of vacations. 

I'm sure Bush and all other presidents took vacations - I could see them going back to their home for awhile for "downtime", maybe "Camp David" and I'd say one real vacation would be acceptable - for one as busy as the president I'd think they wouldn't have much more time than that.

Quoting Dolcepsle:

If we had to (which we don't) cover one family's food, clothing and vacations in return for their 24 hour devotion and sacrifice of normalcy to millions of people I think we could all swing $5 without complaining.

Quoting dockyswifey:

I can't stand her at all. She is part of the reason our country is so deep in debt. We tax payers pay for her clothes and jewelry and her hair cuts. She also takes very expensive vacations on our tax dollars.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I'm guessing you mean the sprinkler, considering she wasn't a guest of Jerry Springer. Lol

Quoting Susan0805:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Susan0805:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Honestly I can't believe that anyone would have a problem with this video.  She is dressed modestly, the dance moves are tame, and it is funny and self-deprecating.  Also she really can dance, it seems...the "dougie" looks easy but is hard to pull off.  To top it off she looks great.

I think people are jealous.  That's why certain people can only criticize everything she does.  Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins.  And jealousy is ugly and small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)