Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: Are Unisex bathrooms in schools a good idea?

Options:

Yes. This way no one is made to feel segragated.

No. I will explain.

Only if they have seperate stall and no urinials.

Other. I will explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

It was mentioned in another post(the transgender post) that perhaps unisex bathrooms would be a good idea

Would you be ok with your children/teens going to school with unisex bathrooms. Urinals and stall bathrooms available to both girls and boys?

Adding a poll.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Replies (41-45):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I think it's stupid and ridiculous to have men in women's bathrooms and vice versa. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

If there are stalls & no urinals, why bother having gendered bathrooms anywhere. Its stupid & ridiculous IMO.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I never quite understood the segregation of bathrooms. In my home, we do not have a bathroom segregated by gender. Boys and girls alike all sit on the same pot! So far- none of us have walked away thinking we are the opposite gender of what we walked in with.

In fact, the lines to the women's room is so darn long sometimes when out in public. I have gone into the men's room lest I pee my pants. I am still a woman [lifts skirt] See?!

This is just silly!

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

We're not talking about within the privacy of our own homes, we're talking about public bathrooms. I'm not concerned whatsoever I'll magically lose my vagina if I walk into a men's bathroom, I just don't want to use the bathroom next to a man I don't know. 

Also, you can lift your skirt all you want, I'm not looking and you can't make me!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I never quite understood the segregation of bathrooms. In my home, we do not have a bathroom segregated by gender. Boys and girls alike all sit on the same pot! So far- none of us have walked away thinking we are the opposite gender of what we walked in with.

In fact, the lines to the women's room is so darn long sometimes when out in public. I have gone into the men's room lest I pee my pants. I am still a woman [lifts skirt] See?!

This is just silly!

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I know the discussion is about private restrooms. I was just trying to add some- IDK, humor?

I do not think there is any big deal about peeing in a public restroom and having in the next stall a man; also doing his business. Of course the stalls would need to have walls that are high enough for no peeking over or under. And a door with a latch. But this is really just for privacy and modesty.

Really. I just don;t get what the big deal is? In the mall are "family" restrooms so either moms or dads can take their kids in and change diapers and such. These are all unisex.

It's not a peep show! Sometimes when you gotta, you just gotta go! and quite frankly, I really couldn't care less who was going next to me as long as I get in that darn stall!!!!!!

(aw- come on- you snuck a little peek!)

Quoting lizzielouaf:

We're not talking about within the privacy of our own homes, we're talking about public bathrooms. I'm not concerned whatsoever I'll magically lose my vagina if I walk into a men's bathroom, I just don't want to use the bathroom next to a man I don't know. 

Also, you can lift your skirt all you want, I'm not looking and you can't make me!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

This is just silly!

muffttcacupcake
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting lga1965:

Yes, but ONE unisex bathroom and one for males and one for females. Three, total.

Unisex bathrooms will be a good way to allow the transgender kids to do their own thing, without bothering other kids who are totally male or female.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN