Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Can Someone Please Explain to Me as to Why.....

Posted by   + Show Post

Parents allow their kids to listen to Rap music that is so full of foul language, raping/abusing women, etc. etc.  I just don't understand why a parent would allow that or listen to it themselves.  Now, I can't say it's ALL of rap music, idk.  I'm not even going to say that foul things are said even in other types of music.  But, to me, it seems A LOT worse in "Rap" music.  I for the life of me just don't understand. 

I LOVE music, & all types of music.  I can't say I like Rap, but some I do.  I also, admit that before I say I like it, I should be looking up what they are actuallly saying.  I get very disappointed when an artist that I DO like, but I find out in their songs the lyrics are so FOUL!  But, I'm not raising kids anymore.  (not that I would listen to it anymore anyway).  But, gosh....What the heck is wrong with parents?  This post is NOT about attacking moms or someone that likes the music, but more to help me understand. 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Replies (261-267):
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Really?  What about this little gem I ran across from some teen?  Are you fine with your kid listening to stuff like this?

"Apex"  (Black Dahlia Murder)

Bury them all beneath heaping shovel fulls of lime
In shallow graves the shreds of flesh dissolve with time
The stench of burning human flesh, a makeshift cremation
A shriveling fragment of death's grand design

I insist -- the pleasure's all mine

With orgasmic bliss the human body is consumed
The loins are charred, the slabs of mean cut off and ground
With zeal I dine upon the skin, enthralled with elation
Souls of my victims within me, entombed

Palette wet with atrocity
I relish the last look in your eyes
Clutching your intestines, your scream echoes through me
Perfection; a murder divine

I hold the secrets of the dead within my grasp
As I poke and prod, your precious world is painted black I the controled of
Your fate, a twisted creation
Until I've met my fancy I'll hammer and hack

As I'm blissfully showered in blood
I shake with violent rapture as I gaze at my delicious feast
I cannot stop my salivation
My addiction to murder has peaked
Kneel only to my sick fixations
A complete symphony of your screams

Oh the cruelty of death!
I wield infinite

Lured by the cries of your damnation
I collect ornaments of the dead
Skin tingling with anticipation
I sever the last victim's head to be put on display

This mortal coil has born unto me death's secrets
This forensic inquisition, orgasmic
Another trophy of my bloodied psychosis
Another body to mangle; to ravage and explore

Perfection; a murder divine..

[Outro]
When the bleeding slows, preparation for decapitation can be started.
Continue the cut to the throat around the entire neck, from the jawline to the back of the skull.
Once muscle and ligament have been sliced away, the head can be cleanly removed by gripping it on either side and twisting it off, separation occurring where the spinal cord meets the skull.
This is indicative of the method to be used for dividing other bones or joints, in that the meat should generally be cut through first with a knife, and the exposed bone then separated with a saw or cleaver.
The merits of keeping the skull as a trophy are debatable for two principal reasons.
First, a human skull may call suspicious attention to the new owner.
Secondly, thorough cleaning is difficult due to the large brain mass, which is hard to remove without opening the skull.
The brain is not good to eat. Removing the tongue and eyes, skinning the head, and placing it outside in a wire cage may be effective.
The cage allows small scavengers such as ants and maggots to cleanse the flesh from the bones, while preventing it being carried off by larger scavengers, such as dogs and children.
After a sufficient period of time, you may retrieve the skull and boil it in a dilute bleach solution to sterilize it and wash away any remaining tissue.

Quoting Paperfishies:

There is nothing wrong with allowing children to listen to the music they wish to listen to.

lilbit53009
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

who buys music anymore?

anyways...my son is only 3 so i can't speak as a parent for what he buys. (i also don't censor music around him) but as a teen who brought rap music. my parents knew there was only so much they could do to stop me from getting it.

i've never acted out, had mental problems or issues with the law. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I wouldn't allow it either, but I'm glad my kids were never into that type of music.  I'm just wondering why some parents know their kids listen to it, heck they listen to it as well.  Yet, it's ok?  I don't get that.  Sells of 'rap' music is pretty high I suppose.  Plus, Artists are always being talked about in a 'good' way, yet I don't understand why?  The sells being so high, the parents knowingly that their kids are buying that music & themselves as well.  That obviously is why sells are so high. 

Plus, on TV, at Awards these types of Artists are getting so much praise?  I guess that's why I enjoyed the Emmy's this yr., because A LOT if not most of that was cut off from winning!  I was very happy about that!  Thinking perhaps this Country is FINALLY seeing the light.  I just happen to be one of the moms/person, that feels these violent songs & video games DOES contribute to violence in kids.  Mostly, those kids that are already in trouble.  Acting out & is having issues with the law, at school or with their parents.  I also, IMO don't believe it's about "Mental Issues"...Some yes..But, not all.

Quoting juju40:

that kind of music isn't allowed in my house...I hate rap

lilbit53009
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

lol my son likes that song too...and he cuts out the curses of all songs i listen to. he's 3...it's not that hard to teach them that even though you may like this song it's not going to dictate how you live your life

Quoting AliKatAK47:

My best friend's two year old as singing 'Fuckin Problem and I died laughing at the fact she knew when to cut out the curses. I like rap (Eminem, Jay Z, Lil Wayne etc)

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I've actually seen that band in concert 3 times, I don't care for them, they always been opening acts to shows I've went to.

Yes, I would allow my children to listen to that.
The outro in that song is actually from a book, and the song is about the thought process of a serial killer.
Music doesn't cause bad things.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Really?  What about this little gem I ran across from some teen?  Are you fine with your kid listening to stuff like this?

Oh the cruelty of death!
I wield infinite

[Outro]
Continue the cut to the throat around the entire neck, from the jawline to the back of the skull.
Once muscle and ligament have been sliced away, the head can be cleanly removed by gripping it on either side and twisting it off, separation occurring where the spinal cord meets the skull.
This is indicative of the method to be used for dividing other bones or joints, in that the meat should generally be cut through first with a knife, and the exposed bone then separated with a saw or cleaver.
The merits of keeping the skull as a trophy are debatable for two principal reasons.
Secondly, thorough cleaning is difficult due to the large brain mass, which is hard to remove without opening the skull.
The brain is not good to eat. Removing the tongue and eyes, skinning the head, and placing it outside in a wire cage may be effective.
The cage allows small scavengers such as ants and maggots to cleanse the flesh from the bones, while preventing it being carried off by larger scavengers, such as dogs and children.
After a sufficient period of time, you may retrieve the skull and boil it in a dilute bleach solution to sterilize it and wash away any remaining tissue.

Quoting Paperfishies:

There is nothing wrong with allowing children to listen to the music they wish to listen to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Well, we will have to disagree on the impact of the consumption of this kind of stuff. 

Quoting Paperfishies:

I've actually seen that band in concert 3 times, I don't care for them, they always been opening acts to shows I've went to.

Yes, I would allow my children to listen to that.
The outro in that song is actually from a book, and the song is about the thought process of a serial killer.
Music doesn't cause bad things.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Oh the cruelty of death!
I wield infinite

[Outro]

Quoting Paperfishies:

AliKatAK47
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Exactly

Quoting lilbit53009:

lol my son likes that song too...and he cuts out the curses of all songs i listen to. he's 3...it's not that hard to teach them that even though you may like this song it's not going to dictate how you live your life

Quoting AliKatAK47:

My best friend's two year old as singing 'Fuckin Problem and I died laughing at the fact she knew when to cut out the curses. I like rap (Eminem, Jay Z, Lil Wayne etc)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1Giovanni
by Becca on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I hate rap it wasn't allowed in my house when I was home or my youngest boy was home. I didn't tell my son not to listen to rap, I just tried to get his mind into other music.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN