Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Oscar Pistorius' Brother Charged With Homicide, Leaving Family to Deal with 2 Murder Trials

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

Oscar Pistorius' Brother Charged With Homicide, Leaving Family to Deal with 2 Murder Trials

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on February 24, 2013 

Carl Pistorius
Carl Pistorius
Wow, it is really not a good time to be in the Pistorius family. On the heels of Olympic athlete Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius being charged with the premeditated murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, Oscar's older brother, Carl, is being charged in the death of a woman. According to prosecutors, Carl was driving recklessly in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa during the daytime in 2010 when he crashed into a female motorcyclist, killing her. The Pistorius family released a statement, saying: "Carl deeply regrets the accident. Blood tests conducted by the police at the time proved that he had not been under the influence of alcohol, confirming that it was a tragic road accident after the deceased collided with Carl's car." Carl was originally supposed to go on trial last week during Oscar's bail hearing, but he was granted a postponement by a judge, so he could support his younger brother.

What both these men allegedly did is absolutely horrible, and I don't think either of their crimes should negate the other in any way, but good god, their poor father. (Their mom passed away years ago.) Could you imagine having to deal with not one, but two murder trials for two different children? I think the stress of one alone would be enough to send me into the hospital. I really have no idea how he's coping with this.

Hopefully, Oscar and Carl's father, as well as their sister Aimee, will be able to find some form of peace during the upcoming months -- because they're certainly not going to be easy. I truly hope justice is served with both of these cases, but I can't say my heart wouldn't break for Mr. Pistorius a little if both of his sons are found guilty. No parent deserves that.

What do you think of this?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lga1965
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

QUOTE: They're mom passed away years ago

Hmmmm. Whose article is this ? Source? The STIR?

Anyway, aside from the glaring grammatical error, this is pretty discouraging for them isn't it.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Indeed this is very sad & the family is going to go through so much.  Both it appears but sons, deserve to pay for what they did.  I believe Oscar P. killed his g/f intentionally & the older brother well he screwed up & now has to pay the price.  Both of these men, need to be convicted & sent to prison for a very long time. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Bad timing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)