Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mother leaves unfavorable review for hotel after her road trip was ruined by a bunch of FURRIES holding a convention in the same hotel

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g30141-d98332-r149294741-Crowne_Plaza_North_Dallas_Addison-Addison_Texas.html

Horrible experience at this hotel..”

1 of 5 starsReviewed January 9, 2013
people found this review helpful

I have been asked by Tripadvisor to modify this review and I understand why. I have modified it as per their request and apologize for the earlier one.

My specific ratings (not terrible ratings) will illustrate the hotel in itself, and not the events that you'll read about below. Although the staff was very good and helpful (they do what they can with what they have), I have to put service as "Terrible" because of the ineptitude of Groups and the management of the hotel alone (bad outweighs the good). The hotel is not that bad, but the problems below made my experience terrible...

Our group, my daughter's cheerleading team, chose to stay at this hotel for a large competition in Dallas and I can't tell you how sorry we are that we did.

Let me begin by saying the positive. The hotel is a very nice hotel, very spacious and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The location was perfect, close to everything and the staff is very helpful and try to resolve problems, too many of them. That's where the positives end.

In regards to problems, these made for a horrific stay. First of all, I like to bring up the ineptitude of the groups department on scheduling a Furry Convention of unacceptable adults, along with a young girls and boys cheerleading team. The things that our children (ages 4-17) witnessed there, are the kinds of things that we as parents hate to even think that they would be exposed to. My 10 year old daughter and my 8 year old son witnessed lude and lascivious behavior in the pool, outside by these furry people.

These "people",if I can call them that, were doing unspeakable things outside on the hallways and in their rooms with their doors open. I got into an argument and almost a physical confrontation with two of them because they screamed at a kid that was speaking loudly in the hallway, as they were walking by him, and insulted him with major profanity...this was a 10 year old, folks. Lucky for this kid, my good friend's kid, I came out of my room at the same exact time as they walked by him and confronted them. On another instance, three of these "people" had very dirty and awful comments for a couple of our 6 year old girls. The comments to myself and the girls' parents were offensive and almost turned things violent as the fathers weren't exactly too happy with them.

We had to camp out outside of the rooms until 1-2am to be sure that these "people" would not bother our families. I had to spend my time, earlier, walking moms and daughters from elevator to their rooms because they had been harassed by these "people" and were afraid. One family was harassed by them because the hotel double booked a room (not their fault, but they continued harassing them). Another was given an extremely dirty room. The kind of room that you never, ever want to walk into because of the items left in the room. Those last two, I will blame on the ineptitude of the groups reservations in doing their job. (No, Mr. Manager, with all due respect, you never spoke to me, I never met you).

I am not sure if you folks know what a Furry Rave is. A regular rave is a party where folks dance, drink, party and do their drugs. A regular rave would have been unacceptable then. A Furry Rave included more lude and lascivious behavior, along with the other factors included in a regular rave. That is not only unacceptable for a guest, it should have been unacceptable to this hotel. How did I find out all of these details about this "rave" and what these furry conventions are about? GOOGLE!!!!! How hard is it for someone to do a little due diligence before they schedule something like this? This research took me 5 MINUTES to do. How do these people schedule these two groups together????
This lack of care was unacceptable and made for the worse stay in any hotel in my entire life, including my college years, where I would stay at $29 motels. Folks, I have traveled throughout Latin America, Europe and Asia, and what this hotel did was unacceptable in the poorest of countries.

The reality is that these events were just a few of the countless incidents that we went through and that have driven me to never, ever go back to this hotel and very much consider not going to another Crowne Plaza property again....

I hope that this review is helpful so that they fix their problems and nobody else ever has to go through this again. I won't because, as I said above, I will not be coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 starsValue
    • 4 of 5 starsLocation
    • 4 of 5 starsSleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 starsRooms
    • 3 of 5 starsCleanliness
    • 1 of 5 starsService
Was this review helpful?Yes
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Replies (81-89):
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I don't see any reference in the complaint to staff camping ouside the rooms with the complainers.  I agree that the staff/management knew about it.

Does that clear things up?

Quoting LindaClement:

You're not clear: the hotel staff was camping outside those rooms with the complainers, right?

'Cause they knew about it ... right?

Quoting Bieg9093:

That's nonsense.  If the 6 year olds knew what was going on, then the hotel's staff did too.  They should have asked that the guests who can't behave properly restrict their activities to behind closed doors.  If they couldn't get those guests to abide by that, they should have booted them and/or called the police themselves.  Guests in a hotel have every right to expect a safe environment free where they won't be harassed or accosted.  A hotel that welcomes children must be prepared to protect children from overt sexual activity in public areas. That's a big reason why we sleep in hotels and don't just pop a tent in an alley.

And welcome to the new milennium...you don't need warm bodies in security outfits on a floor to know what's what anymore.  There's cameras in every hallway, every elevator and covering the pool area.  I'd wager that the hotel staff was getting even more of an eyeful than the cheerleaders.

Quoting LindaClement:

Unless the intention to do so was written into the contract for the banquet hall, it's not the hotel's job to even KNOW that's what adults are planning or doing throughout the hotel.

It's ridiculous to trash a company that DIDN'T DO ANY OF THE FUCKING AROUND for any free adult's behaviour. If it's not part of the employment expectations, it has nothing at all to do with the hotel.

When was the last time you were at a hotel with 2 guards in every hallway and one in ever elevator?

Quoting Bieg9093:

Agree with calling the police.  Everything else you said is wrong..those being paid to provide hospitality don't get to profit from exposing children to poeple who would literally fuck around in their presence without getting at least a few bad reviews from the parents.

Quoting LindaClement:

If it's illegal, call the police.

If it's just crude, complain to the organizers --or the organization.

Unless the hotel endorsed it, it has NOTHING to do with them.

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

So, her problem is thinking that the hotel should not be accepting of people who are different from her?

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

I'm fairly certain the primary problem was with people dressed as fuzzy cartoon animals having sex in public areas of the hotel.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

While I can fully excuse the hotel for not knowing what they were planning to do, they are fully at fault for not stopping what was obvious to every other guest in the hotel, and they should have called the police and/or booted them immediately once informed.  That is, I think, why this lady "trashed" (aka told the truth about) this hotel.  They didn't stop what was obviously extremely lewd and profane, not to mention illegal, behavior.  They were happy to let it continue because they were reaping the financial benefit of turning a blind eye.  And you don't need guards to know what's going on in the hotel, most, if not all,  have video cameras.  I stayed in a hotel this past week on vacation, and there were video cameras everywhere, including in the hot tub that was open, and I saw two in the pool area, though the pool was closed.  They were in every stair well, and every hall.  It would not have been difficult to figure out what was going on, even if they hadn't had a bunch of little kids and adults telling them.  They cannot claim ignorance on this one, sorry.

Quoting LindaClement:

Unless the intention to do so was written into the contract for the banquet hall, it's not the hotel's job to even KNOW that's what adults are planning or doing throughout the hotel.

It's ridiculous to trash a company that DIDN'T DO ANY OF THE FUCKING AROUND for any free adult's behaviour. If it's not part of the employment expectations, it has nothing at all to do with the hotel.

When was the last time you were at a hotel with 2 guards in every hallway and one in ever elevator?

Quoting Bieg9093:

Agree with calling the police.  Everything else you said is wrong..those being paid to provide hospitality don't get to profit from exposing children to poeple who would literally fuck around in their presence without getting at least a few bad reviews from the parents.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

So, her problem is thinking that the hotel should not be accepting of people who are different from her?

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

I'm fairly certain the primary problem was with people dressed as fuzzy cartoon animals having sex in public areas of the hotel.

babiesbabybaby development

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM

The complainer claims that the 'staff' is not the problem -they did what they could.

Including not calling the police (which, apparently, none of the complainers were capable of doing, either.)

Amazingly handicapped for a bunch of people out without helpers.

Quoting Bieg9093:

I don't see any reference in the complaint to staff camping ouside the rooms with the complainers.  I agree that the staff/management knew about it.

Quoting LindaClement:

You're not clear: the hotel staff was camping outside those rooms with the complainers, right?

Quoting Bieg9093:

That's nonsense.  If the 6 year olds knew what was going on, then the hotel's staff did too.  They should have asked that the guests who can't behave properly restrict their activities to behind closed doors.  If they couldn't get those guests to abide by that, they should have booted them and/or called the police themselves.  Guests in a hotel have every right to expect a safe environment free where they won't be harassed or accosted.  A hotel that welcomes children must be prepared to protect children from overt sexual activity in public areas. That's a big reason why we sleep in hotels and don't just pop a tent in an alley.

And welcome to the new milennium...you don't need warm bodies in security outfits on a floor to know what's what anymore.  There's cameras in every hallway, every elevator and covering the pool area.  I'd wager that the hotel staff was getting even more of an eyeful than the cheerleaders.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

The same woman claims that the ' Although the staff was very good and helpful (they do what they can with what they have)' ...

... uh... ???

Quoting kailu1835:

While I can fully excuse the hotel for not knowing what they were planning to do, they are fully at fault for not stopping what was obvious to every other guest in the hotel, and they should have called the police and/or booted them immediately once informed.  That is, I think, why this lady "trashed" (aka told the truth about) this hotel.  They didn't stop what was obviously extremely lewd and profane, not to mention illegal, behavior.  They were happy to let it continue because they were reaping the financial benefit of turning a blind eye.  And you don't need guards to know what's going on in the hotel, most, if not all,  have video cameras.  I stayed in a hotel this past week on vacation, and there were video cameras everywhere, including in the hot tub that was open, and I saw two in the pool area, though the pool was closed.  They were in every stair well, and every hall.  It would not have been difficult to figure out what was going on, even if they hadn't had a bunch of little kids and adults telling them.  They cannot claim ignorance on this one, sorry.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Hmm add this count as a, "things I wish to never know about ... "

Yeah, I can honestly say, "I have never said nor wish, I sure hope one of my girls when they grow up, will be able to get off pretending they are a rodent."

"I hope one if my girls find a nice young man that has a dress up like an ass, oops a donkey, fetish."

Yeah, I can honestly say, I never had those thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Staff reports to management.  Management decides to sit idly making money.  Complaint is valid.  Don't know why complainers didn't call police, but it doesn't invalidate the complaint.

Quoting LindaClement:

The complainer claims that the 'staff' is not the problem -they did what they could.

Including not calling the police (which, apparently, none of the complainers were capable of doing, either.)

Amazingly handicapped for a bunch of people out without helpers.

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I'm guessing she is talking about the busboys and whatnots, not necessarily the people who have the authority to boot people out of the hotel.  I think that the woman herself should have called the police and just let them handle it.  All of the furries having sex in the hallway can be arrested for indecent exposure and lewd activities.

Quoting LindaClement:

The same woman claims that the ' Although the staff was very good and helpful (they do what they can with what they have)' ...

... uh... ???

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

babiesbabybaby development

Chelsey191
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I think the hotel seriously screwed up and needs to use better judgement in the future. Its not a place I would ever go after hearing a story like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Exactly.

No one stopped her from calling them in. And the staff that either didn't call them, or didn't even know about it ... hmmm.

Someone was dying to complain to someone who, hopefully, would give a shit --because the convention was clearly too vague a target.

Quoting kailu1835:

I'm guessing she is talking about the busboys and whatnots, not necessarily the people who have the authority to boot people out of the hotel.  I think that the woman herself should have called the police and just let them handle it.  All of the furries having sex in the hallway can be arrested for indecent exposure and lewd activities.

Quoting LindaClement:

... uh... ???

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Bieg9093:

Quoting LindaClement:

Wow. Tough shit, hey?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN