Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a quick vent

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 79 Replies
12 moms liked this
I am not a second class citizen. Stop trying to treat me as such. Yes I am transgender but that does not mean I should compromise my safety or my rights to make you (general you) happy. I am a human first and foremost and deserve equal treatment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
4 moms liked this

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I must have missed something.

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Just some of the responses to the transgender threads. I was going to edit my previous post but am mobile and can't.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I must have missed something.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Me too

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Love this!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I also want to add my recent experience at Liberty University. No one questioned me or gave me weird looks. I was accepted as male because that is how I presented myself. I was treated as an equal. Those are true Christians. Some of the stuff I read on here appalls me.
DieselsMom
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM

why do you let being transgender control your life?

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Control my life? What do you mean?

Quoting DieselsMom:

why do you let being transgender control your life?

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I know only two transgender people and while I hold firmly to what I've said in the other transgender threads I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert on this subject. How I feel is simply how I feel. I'm not familiar with your story or how/why you take offense to what has been said. Would you care to elaborate?

Quoting purpleducky:

I also want to add my recent experience at Liberty University. No one questioned me or gave me weird looks. I was accepted as male because that is how I presented myself. I was treated as an equal. Those are true Christians. Some of the stuff I read on here appalls me.

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I take offense to people continuing to refuse to acknowledge one's gender identity, i.e. calling a woman with a penis a man. I am tired of transgender individuals being compared to sexual deviants who just want to sexually assault others. I am tired of people advocating for transgender individuals to be treated as second class citizens.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I know only two transgender people and while I hold firmly to what I've said in the other transgender threads I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert on this subject. How I feel is simply how I feel. I'm not familiar with your story or how/why you take offense to what has been said. Would you care to elaborate?

Quoting purpleducky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured