Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Liberal Media Will 'shut you down, stab you, kill you' if you disagree

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 120 Replies
1 mom liked this

Fox News political analyst and “Special Report” panelist Juan Williams said in an interview with The Daily Caller’s Ginni Thomas that mainstream media outlets “stab” and “kill” dissenting voices.

Williams was fired from National Public Radio in 2010 after saying he sometimes gets “nervous” when seated on an airplane with Muslims, while making a broader point about the importance of religious tolerance.

“I always thought it was the Archie Bunkers of the world, the right-wingers of world, who were more resistant and more closed-minded about hearing the other side,” he said. “In fact, what I have learned is, in a very painful way — and I can open this shirt and show you the scars and the knife wounds — is that it is big media institutions who are identifiably more liberal to left-leaning who will shut you down, stab you and kill you, fire you, if they perceive that you are not telling the story in the way that they want it told.”

Catch the rest of the Ginni Thomas’s interview with Juan Williams this week exclusively on The Daily Caller.

Juan Williams is a Fox News political analyst. He is the author of several books including "Enough: The Phony Leaders, Dead-End Movements, and Culture of Failure That Are Undermining Black America--and What We Can Do About It" and "Muzzled: The Assault on Honest Debate."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/25/liberal-media-will-shut-down-stab-kill-fire-if-disagree/#ixzz2Lyi2V32o

Edited to add for those of you who know absolutely nothing about Juan Williams:

Juan Williams (born April 10, 1954) is an American journalist and political analyst for Fox News Channel. He also writes for several newspapers including The Washington Post, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal and has been published in magazines such as The Atlantic Monthly and Time. He was a senior news analyst for National Public Radio (NPR) from 1999 until October 2010. At The Washington Post for 23 years, Williams has worked as an editorial writer, op-ed columnist, White House correspondent and national correspondent.

Williams is the author of Eyes on the Prize: America's Civil Rights Years, 1954-1965 (1988),[1] a companion to the documentary series of the same name about the African-American Civil Rights Movement;Thurgood Marshall: American Revolutionary (2000), a biography of Thurgood Marshall, the first black American to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States; and Enough (2006), which was inspired by Bill Cosby's speech at the NAACP gala, and deals with Williams' critique of black leaders in America, and as he puts it, the "culture of failure."[2] Williams has received an Emmy Award and critical praise for his television documentary work and he has won several awards for investigative journalism and his opinion columns.

grandma B

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM
10 moms liked this

Yay, more faux news.

momtimesx4
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM
4 moms liked this

Media is controlled by money.
Who ever controls the money control the media.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM
10 moms liked this
Because... Obviously... Juan Williams doesn't have a voice and has been killed.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I don't often agree with Juan...but this....

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting glitterteaz:

Yay, more faux news.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Leaning too far to the left or the right is never a good thing.  I prefer my middle-of-the road mentality because it gives me an excellent vantage point to form well-balanced opinions.  At this time in America I feel the  pendulum has swung too far to the left.  Therefore, I somewhat agree with his statement because unless you share the liberal opinions of the day, you are met with total and utter ridicule. 

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM
5 moms liked this

For all of you biased left wing liberals, Juan Williams happens to be a big Obama supporter, and believes in a lot of social programs.  He is a very intelligent man.  Did any of you bother to click on The Daily Caller link and then click on the video to watch the interview, thus getting the comment above in full context?  Of course you didn't.....

He was already a democratic contributor to Fox News.  He was appearing on the O'Reilly show, and the discussion was about religious tolerance and Muslims.  He simply made an honest comment that he gets a little nervous on planes when he sees Muslims in full garb, then went on to support Muslims.  He wasn't attacking them.  It's perfectly understandable, and most people in this country feel the same way.

By the next morning, NPR called him on the phone and fired him.  Apparently, their employees aren't allowed to air their own feelings if they don't support the agenda of the station.  Of course, in the long run, it worked out just great for Juan.  He has a much better job with Fox now, and earns a hell of a lot more than he did with NPR.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM
7 moms liked this

Ahhhhh!  My New Your Times is after me!  My NPR program is wielding a knife!

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I'll bet you didn't watch the interview either, did you?  He may have been a little over dramatic, but I'm sure that being stabbed in the back by his employers and the rest of the liberal media felt just the way he described it.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Ahhhhh!  My New Your Times is after me!  My NPR program is wielding a knife!

grandma B

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM
9 moms liked this

Sorry any loser that turns to fox news has blown his credibility

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN