Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What music/bands did you listen to as a teenager?   What did your parents think of it?  

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I really liked Backstreet boys, nsync, and the spice girls growing up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Air Supply songs were awesome for those mixed tapes we used to give to the guys we liked.  The hard part was hitting the record button as soon as the radio dj stopped talking over the song intro.  :) 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Hey, I liked Air Supply....and Richard Marx!  I went through a sappy love songs period...doesn't everyone?

Quoting LindaClement:

Early teens, my taste was as bad as the average 11yo: Rex Smith and Airsupply (arg.)

In my teens, I listened to the same kinds of things as my mom: Blue Oyster Cult, Queen, AC/DC, Boney M, Pink Floyd...

LindaClement
by Linda on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

No. I prefer Leonard Cohen's deranged sense of black humour... and Pink Floyd's political commentary... :D

Quoting TranquilMind:

Hey, I liked Air Supply....and Richard Marx!  I went through a sappy love songs period...doesn't everyone?

Quoting LindaClement:

Early teens, my taste was as bad as the average 11yo: Rex Smith and Airsupply (arg.)

In my teens, I listened to the same kinds of things as my mom: Blue Oyster Cult, Queen, AC/DC, Boney M, Pink Floyd...

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benetar, The Cars, Yes, Todd Rundgren, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Genesis, Phil Collins, The Police, U2, REM, Pyschedelic Furs 

*edit* opps! I was the third and last child. After putting up with ahem, listening to Grateful Dead (my brothers fav) and Donna Summer (my sis's fav) my chocie in music was no longer an issue.

and plus, by that time, I had my Walkman so I would use my headphones!

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Tupac, Hole, Nirvana.
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

oh I forgot Pat Benetar, Steve Miller, & Phil Colins.  

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benetar, The Cars, Yes, Todd Rundgren, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Genesis, Phil Collins, The Police, U2, REM, Pyschedelic Furs 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Rex Smith!  I forgot about him.  Oh my..............how I adored him.

How I loved 'Sooner or Later' and any and every thing he sang. lol lol

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting mom4awesomekids:

I really liked Backstreet boys, nsync, and the spice girls growing up.

lol this makes me feel old :3

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I am so in love with Phil.

Quoting katy_kay08:

oh I forgot Pat Benetar, Steve Miller, & Phil Colins.  

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Lol.  Oh yes....I remember those days of trying to record a song off the radio.  I have a lot of bad tapes around here where my sister (who is long gone) and I attempted to do this. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

Air Supply songs were awesome for those mixed tapes we used to give to the guys we liked.  The hard part was hitting the record button as soon as the radio dj stopped talking over the song intro.  :) 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured