Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

punishing a whole group for one's actions

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter came home and told me that they were now only allowed to use the restroom during class once a week. Uhhh...what? Apparently a kid urinated all over the mirrors in the boy's bathroom and tore up the girl's bathroom, and all of the kids are being punished for it by being expected to somehow train their bodies to go once a day at lunch time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I agree.

Quoting candlegal:

and that would follow your kid the rest of their school life.  They would never hear the end of it.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I'd tell my kids to sit there and piss their pants in the classroom...just for spite.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:35 PM
My mom always told me if I needed to use the restroom and a teacher siad I couldnt, that it was okay for me to go anyway and that she'd deal with it.
SWasson
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Going to the bathroom isn't a privilege, it's a right. I'd have the Superintendent on the line. The principal needs a little education about what can get the school district sued.

NewMom11222011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Get a note from her pediatrician if it doesn't blow over stating that holding urine leads to urinary tract infections.

Mama2Spencerninja

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You obviously don't know my kids. THEY would be the ones using this story for cred points for years to come.

Quoting candlegal:

and that would follow your kid the rest of their school life.  They would never hear the end of it.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I'd tell my kids to sit there and piss their pants in the classroom...just for spite.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

MotherofMiles
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I'm a former 4th grade teacher. We had problems with kids messing up the bathrooms so we would go as a class twice a day. There had to be a bathroom monitor each time (this came from the principal.) The monitor would check the bathrooms before our class went and again when everyone went. It did take up time, but that way everyone had 2 opportunities to go during the day. It's a shame that some kids would intentionally mess up the bathrooms.
somuchlove4U
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM
What do you mean?

Quoting momtimesx4:

Well, welcome to the rest of the world.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM

A whole group should never suffer because of one asshole. I would be at the school.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I would not be okay on that type of punishment. My kids could not do that, due to small bladders. I'd get a doctor's note saying that they should be allowed to go when needed. My kids have a syndrome that makes them smaller than kids their age, so holding their bladders for that long would not be good for them. Kids with this syndrome are more prone to kidney issues or bladder infections etc. So nope, not happening for my kids.  

Denying children bathroom privileges is wrong. I would get some clarification from the teacher before acting on it.

randi1978
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

The teacher tried doing this at my daughter's school and I told her to ask first and if he says no, she's allowed to go ahead and go, ignore teacher's protests and if he tries to give her a lunch detention, she can tell him it's not happening and then call me.  My rules supercede school rules, period, when it comes to stuff like this.  She has toileting issues as it is, being forced to wait would not go well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)