Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOB WOODWARD: A 'Very Senior' White House Person Warned Me I'd 'Regret' What I'm Doing

Posted by   + Show Post

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.

"It makes me very uncomfortable to have the White House telling reporters, 'You're going to regret doing something that you believe in,'" Woodward said.

"I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Last weekend, Woodward called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM
3 moms liked this

She probably thinks we went to war because Bush issued an executive order, you know, kind of like Obama does.   I am sure she doesn't care that both parties voted to go to war, it is still all Bush's fault.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

You mean Congress and Senate spent money on the Iraqi war.  Get your facts straight.  BOTH parties voted for the war and BOTH parties voted to spend the money for the war multiple times.  How do you think Bush would have been able to do so IF BOTH PARTIES did not vote for the monies???? 

I also find it pathetic that the above statement you say that Woodward could be basically uncovering the truth but below you write that you don't trust him just because he is trying to protect our country.  Sounds like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.......again.

Quoting lga1965:

Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document

Wellll, it would have been good if Bush had NOT spent the money on invading Iraq. And Woodward sounds like he is becoming a war-mongering conservative. I don't trust this guy any more.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, she is now not suppose to report what is actually happening?!  You should apply to MSNBC or NBC.  You would fit in great there.  Or maybe put in a job applicant at the LA Times, Rolling Stone Magazine or better yet, how about 60 minutes since they too are getting good at not reporting TRUE facts.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Yep. But OP doesn't care, this is just another post to make everyone dislike and distrust the President. It's hardly news.

Quoting Donna6503:

This maybe a news flash, the war between the press and politicians is as old as our republic.

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, dang, I appreciate that.    Thanks for the bump    :)

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I don't want your efforts to go to waste! You work hard.

Quoting candlegal:

LOL, and yet here you are responding and giving it credibility.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Yep. But OP doesn't care, this is just another post to make everyone dislike and distrust the President. It's hardly news.

Quoting Donna6503:

This maybe a news flash, the war between the press and politicians is as old as our republic.

Conservative Republicans     

Where Smart Moms Hang Out

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM

No comment.....too disgusted to write anything nice..  ;   )

Quoting candlegal:

She probably thinks we went to war because Bush issued an executive order, you know, kind of like Obama does.   I am sure she doesn't care that both parties voted to go to war, it is still all Bush's fault.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

You mean Congress and Senate spent money on the Iraqi war.  Get your facts straight.  BOTH parties voted for the war and BOTH parties voted to spend the money for the war multiple times.  How do you think Bush would have been able to do so IF BOTH PARTIES did not vote for the monies???? 

I also find it pathetic that the above statement you say that Woodward could be basically uncovering the truth but below you write that you don't trust him just because he is trying to protect our country.  Sounds like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.......again.

Quoting lga1965:

Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document

Wellll, it would have been good if Bush had NOT spent the money on invading Iraq. And Woodward sounds like he is becoming a war-mongering conservative. I don't trust this guy any more.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha.. He's having a little manipulative tantrum. He responded nicely to the follow up email, clarifying the message.
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Hahahaha!

I was just agreeing with PP that WH vs press is nothing new.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Oh, she is now not suppose to report what is actually happening?!  You should apply to MSNBC or NBC.  You would fit in great there.  Or maybe put in a job applicant at the LA Times, Rolling Stone Magazine or better yet, how about 60 minutes since they too are getting good at not reporting TRUE facts.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting Donna6503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Invading Iraq was not done "to protect our country". How very naive of you to think that.
I am not sure if I trust Woodward.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Invading Iraq was not done "to protect our country". How very naive of you to think that.
I am not sure if I trust Woodward.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I saw a post on Facebook that I thought made a good point.

It showed a picture of congress in session and said "These are the first 535 that should be laid off"

If they are willing to layoff all of these people why are they not starting with their own jobs.

gammie
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Now that is funny! if you only listen to Obama these last few years you would already know not to trust him!! 

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting Donna6503:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured