Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm the child of a gay parent.......

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 79 Replies
6 moms liked this

ASK ME ANYTHING!

There seems to be much debate over the well being of kids of gay parents..my mother got into a relationship with a woman when I was 12, my brothers were 7 and 2. My bio father was s shitty husband and father. My stepmother treat my mother with love and respect and I believe my brothers and myself have a very healthy outlook on relationships.. I was also raised in a very small, Christian town in the south...and no, I am not gay or "want" to be gay or have ever "wanted" to be with another woman. I was never directly or indirectly "taught" to be gay, I was however taught to love and respect who you are with. I found my husband, fell in love with my husband, and we have a very good marriage.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zinniadaisy
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this
No questions, just hats off to you and your family!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Well I'm the product of a gay man and straight woman..I'm not gay..but my brother is. So what does that say??? lol

tscritch
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM

So you are saying you didn't catch "the gay"? lol

I think that ANY stable loving relationship will/should have a positive impact on the children involved. You are very lucky to have loving parents that passed on to you the importance of love and respect. Kuddos to your moms!

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM
5 moms liked this

The gay gene missed you and nailed him? lol

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Well I'm the product of a gay man and straight woman..I'm not gay..but my brother is. So what does that say??? lol

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

circle circle, dot dot, yup i got my gay shot!

Quoting tscritch:

I think that ANY stable loving relationship will/should have a positive impact on the children involved. You are very lucky to have loving parents that passed on to you the importance of love and respect. Kuddos to your moms!

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

ROTFLMBO!!!!! I needed a good laugh today, thanks!!

Quoting Dee0886:

The gay gene missed you and nailed him? lol

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

If you were to encounter this woman on the street and you could say anything to her, what would you say?

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM
8 moms liked this

I would say this....

Quoting jhslove:

If you were to encounter this woman on the street and you could say anything to her, what would you say?

tscritch
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Quoting Dee0886:

circle circle, dot dot, yup i got my gay shot!

Quoting tscritch:

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Being from a small southern Christian town was it difficult being in a home with two lesbians? Were you treated poorly by other children? Were you bullied by other kids? Adults? Did your family go to church? Were/are they religious?

Do you believe your mother started dating women because of her bad relationship with her husband or do you think she was always gay and afraid to be who she was?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured