Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm the child of a gay parent.......

Posted by   + Show Post

ASK ME ANYTHING!

There seems to be much debate over the well being of kids of gay parents..my mother got into a relationship with a woman when I was 12, my brothers were 7 and 2. My bio father was s shitty husband and father. My stepmother treat my mother with love and respect and I believe my brothers and myself have a very healthy outlook on relationships.. I was also raised in a very small, Christian town in the south...and no, I am not gay or "want" to be gay or have ever "wanted" to be with another woman. I was never directly or indirectly "taught" to be gay, I was however taught to love and respect who you are with. I found my husband, fell in love with my husband, and we have a very good marriage.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Pedophilia as a sexual orientation just seriously made me puke in my mouth.

Quoting Dee0886:

Yes but it has nothing to do with gay or straight. More straight married men with children are more likely to be child molesters. Some people believe pedophilia is just another sexual orientation and the only difference is age of consent....I'm not even touching that subject lol

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a subject that always peeks my interest.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Oh you got some good questions going on...

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Oh, also, you said your step-mom is southern baptist. I'm curious if she attends a church and how that goes? My best friend is southern baptist and I'm not too sure a lesbian couple would be welcome in her church.

Does your step-mom, being southern baptist, believe that homosexuality is a sin?

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a town she was raised in so in all honesty I think people are just "use" to her being around they don't really think too much about it. 

She admits to being a what she calls a "pick-n-chooser". And "How many southern baptists honestly believe that a woman who has sex out of wedlock should be stoned to death?" . She just says she loves Jesus, God and she can't really do much about how she feels or who she is.

I honestly don't know how she can be a republican southern baptist lol. I think a mysetery to her as well.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Oh, also, you said your step-mom is southern baptist. I'm curious if she attends a church and how that goes? My best friend is southern baptist and I'm not too sure a lesbian couple would be welcome in her church.

Does your step-mom, being southern baptist, believe that homosexuality is a sin?

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

*gasp*
  You mean you turned out normal?  You didn't catch "the gay," you don't feel denied a normal childhood, and you are a happy, productive, member of society?

Just kidding.  I think it's awesome!   No questions, just wanted to say your post is uplifting. I think it is a wonderful testament to gay parents.  

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

She knows she's a lesbian because she's in love with a woman. But she doesn't see it as her being "gay". She just said "I fell in love with another person, and that person just happened to be a woman".

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

That is really odd. I don't mean that offensively. I've just never met someone that was gay that didn't know it. Most people argue that being gay in something you are born with.

Quoting Dee0886:

Thankfully my mom is a very open person to talk to so I was able to talk about this with her. She honestly never really thought about it one way or the other. The thought to be with or not to be with a woman was never really brought up

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

So before this woman came along your mother never felt that she was gay? Just curious.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Just to let you in on a little secret "not all Republicans are bible beating Christians that hate the gays". LOL

She's not the only pick and chooser. That's for sure!! Sounds like she feels pretty good about her choices and that is a good thing.

Quoting Dee0886:

This is a town she was raised in so in all honesty I think people are just "use" to her being around they don't really think too much about it. 

She admits to being a what she calls a "pick-n-chooser". And "How many southern baptists honestly believe that a woman who has sex out of wedlock should be stoned to death?" . She just says she loves Jesus, God and she can't really do much about how she feels or who she is.

I honestly don't know how she can be a republican southern baptist lol. I think a mysetery to her as well.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that and beastiality........I don't get it either.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Pedophilia as a sexual orientation just seriously made me puke in my mouth.

Quoting Dee0886:

Yes but it has nothing to do with gay or straight. More straight married men with children are more likely to be child molesters. Some people believe pedophilia is just another sexual orientation and the only difference is age of consent....I'm not even touching that subject lol

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yup...according to some i should be confused about my sexuality, be promiscuous, be a drug addict....gahh lol

Quoting katzmeow726:

*gasp*
  You mean you turned out normal?  You didn't catch "the gay," you don't feel denied a normal childhood, and you are a happy, productive, member of society?

Just kidding.  I think it's awesome!   No questions, just wanted to say your post is uplifting. I think it is a wonderful testament to gay parents.  

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM

No questions but thanks for your perspective. Now off to read the rest of the thread.

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Comparing the two isn't even a comparison.

Quoting Dee0886:

It's the closed minded ones of every religion and walk of life..the non religious people who are afraid every gay person is going to hit on them..or the religious people who..well you know their argument lol.

And as for beastiality being compared to homosexuality...even more ridiculous then the pedophile arguement..those two arguements just, to me anyway, makes the person making that arguement look incredibly stupid I wanna pat them on the head and tell them it's gonna be ok.

Quoting DragonMother10:

One of the many reasons why I am an Atheist, I see a lot of closed minded religious people who are against gays. I am 100% straight, but I believe people are entitled to love whoever they want. I am disturbed with people having sex with animals. At least gays have sex with the same species.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)