Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm the child of a gay parent.......

Posted by   + Show Post

ASK ME ANYTHING!

There seems to be much debate over the well being of kids of gay parents..my mother got into a relationship with a woman when I was 12, my brothers were 7 and 2. My bio father was s shitty husband and father. My stepmother treat my mother with love and respect and I believe my brothers and myself have a very healthy outlook on relationships.. I was also raised in a very small, Christian town in the south...and no, I am not gay or "want" to be gay or have ever "wanted" to be with another woman. I was never directly or indirectly "taught" to be gay, I was however taught to love and respect who you are with. I found my husband, fell in love with my husband, and we have a very good marriage.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (51-60):
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

ho-hum...i do realize this.

Quoting SilverSterling:

You realize now that you have exposed they Gay agenda for what it really is you will have to be Tickle tortured!

Laao
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Sadly it happens all the time. Same sex atttraction is connected in some people's minds with attraction to children. Ignorant, misguided assumption.  Don't even get me started on the Biblical argument. I don't bother arguing that. Science and compassion, those I'll discuss. 

I wrote a blog about this and posted an excerpt on CafeMom (we're not allowed to link to outside sites so I can't post it but you can see my excerpt on my CM page) stating fact after fact. 

My post was if you're going to ban gay leaders from boy scouts, ban priests. Of course, I'm for neither. Pedophiles seek out (pre-pubescent kids to be precise on the term) places that have easy access to children, gay people do not.   One is a disease, one is a sexual orientation from birth. 

As for the gay by choice issue. My answer is the same. When someone can tell me the moment I chose to be heterosexual, please let me know.  I'm all ears. 

Quoting Dee0886:

how homosexuality and pedophilia are always put together I will honeslty never ever understand...

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

I was asked very recently by a cousin if I think my dad molested my brother...what??? He's gay, not a child molester!

Quoting Dee0886:

I think I may be so use to the bashing (how sad is that) it barely phases me.

However they are still my mothers, and as any person would be, I would think, sometimes it does make me angry. The worst is when an argument came up that my brothers and I should be taken away because we were molested by them and we're somehow supressing memories of it....that was the most hurtful and infuriating thing I have ever come across. 

Quoting Laao:

I think it's impossible to change a heart and mind that is so deeply closed. So instead of trying with the extreme closed, I think our best work is with folks who are confused, but open.

What would I say? I'd take a deeeeeeep breath and say...

"Gay or straight makes no difference to me. Kind, open-minded people make a difference to me.  Instead, let's ship off any pastor who makes such ignorant remarks. Oh, and the next island over is for Senator Todd Akins who think a woman's body will shut down during a "legitamate rape."

Ikette
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I have no questions for you! I get it! I once had a guy tell me that a child was better off being raised my abusive straight parents then being raised by a loving gay couple. And we wonder why there is so much hate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Denisethedaring
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

My mom's bisexual...I think she'd have preferred I was too, or even that I was gay, but I'm so straight you could use me to draw graph paper. :) 

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL..I hear you on that!

Quoting Denisethedaring:

My mom's bisexual...I think she'd have preferred I was too, or even that I was gay, but I'm so straight you could use me to draw graph paper. :) 

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
AlekD
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Me too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mrs.Missi
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
And you turned out just fine,didn't you! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM

What do you like on your pizza?

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Sausage...isn't it obvious?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

What do you like on your pizza?

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
As far as I know! Lol

Quoting Mrs.Missi:

And you turned out just fine,didn't you! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN