Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I'm the child of a gay parent.......

Posted by   + Show Post

ASK ME ANYTHING!

There seems to be much debate over the well being of kids of gay parents..my mother got into a relationship with a woman when I was 12, my brothers were 7 and 2. My bio father was s shitty husband and father. My stepmother treat my mother with love and respect and I believe my brothers and myself have a very healthy outlook on relationships.. I was also raised in a very small, Christian town in the south...and no, I am not gay or "want" to be gay or have ever "wanted" to be with another woman. I was never directly or indirectly "taught" to be gay, I was however taught to love and respect who you are with. I found my husband, fell in love with my husband, and we have a very good marriage.

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (71-79):
chloedee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Complete and utter BS. Every major organization with expertise in child welfare, development and psychology t is in support of gay parenting, and no legitimate study will point out that the children of gay parents overwhelmingly fare worse than the children of straight parents. 

Quoting LavenderMom23:

If you turned out okay it was because you fell into a minority not a majority statistic. Flukes happen

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

There was actually a thing on it a few months back on here.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Pedophilia as a sexual orientation just seriously made me puke in my mouth.

Quoting Dee0886:

Yes but it has nothing to do with gay or straight. More straight married men with children are more likely to be child molesters. Some people believe pedophilia is just another sexual orientation and the only difference is age of consent....I'm not even touching that subject lol

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Ummm...statisically speaking children raised by lesbians are better off than children raised by any other type of couples.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

If you turned out okay it was because you fell into a minority not a majority statistic. Flukes happen

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Ugh.  You are horrid. 

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Apple. Yep, love cupcakes

Quoting Sekirei:

What is your favorite flavor of pie? I love pie... and cupcakes. Do you like cupcakes? :3

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Meh, Unfortunately ignorance is an even more common fluke.

Quoting chloedee:

Complete and utter BS. Every major organization with expertise in child welfare, development and psychology t is in support of gay parenting, and no legitimate study will point out that the children of gay parents overwhelmingly fare worse than the children of straight parents. 

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Ohh.. Apple is AWESOME!!! :3

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Sekirei:

What is your favorite flavor of pie? I love pie... and cupcakes. Do you like cupcakes? :3

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Topped with whipped cream...can't beat it...that or cherry (no I don't love cherry pie bc my mom is a lesbian) :-D

Quoting Sekirei:

Ohh.. Apple is AWESOME!!! :3

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Sekirei:

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I think kids can and will be screwed up one way or another no matter who their parents are LOL.

Quoting purpleducky:

Ummm...statisically speaking children raised by lesbians are better off than children raised by any other type of couples.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Wife to an amazing, loving, and respectful man. Mommy to a handsome man who gets his kicks from making others smile, and a beautiful little girl with an old soul and nurturing spirit. Expecting in May.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN