Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

RIGHT HUMOR - now remember, you don't HAVE to open the post if you offend easily....;)

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Replies (591-597):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Your continued assertions that anyone who disagrees with you can not possibly have been in that situation is as offensive as anything else in this thread.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

The urination/vomiting was a suggestion on what to do during an attack. If you get caught off guard and have no weapon on you there are measures suggested during an attack to potentially prevent the attacker from following through with the rape. I don't know about you all but if I'm faced by an attacker, perhaps disarmed, I'm willing to do anything to make it stop. In all likelihood I'll vomit/and or pee out of sheer terror. Idc what I've got to do, I'm willing to give any tactic a try. 

When I was raped I did vomit.  

I had no weapon on me.  If any woman thinks she will never be caught off guard or that having that weapon is going to some how bring about magical powers, they are lying to themselves.

We should do what we can, if we are able, with what we have.  Regardless of that includes a weapon, vomiting or urinating to try to stop the attack.

Some women haven't a clue and merely assume they know what they would do or what some one else should do.  I pray those who are so blind never find themselves in the position of being proven wrong.

That is not what I said.  

I have never assumed some one who disagrees with me has, or has not, been raped.

Proud2BWeird
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I didn't defend the post that had a generalization of other right, I simply pointed out that Farm lady was trying to prove that one side says "X" by showing a clip of one person saying "X".

She was being hypocritical by being angry about a generalization, while simultaneously making her own.

BTW, I agree with her post about many on the left thinking we're not capable of being trustworthy with guns. I'm very pro-Second Amendment, as you'll see if you check out my replies on posts on the subject.

Quoting jllcali:

I doubt you actually meant genuine brain damage. I have seen many Republicans say things like that and be completely serious. I had one call me an idiot because I told him Obama isn't a Nazi, and he obviously has no concept of what Nazis were really like. Call him a fascist or dictator or whatever, but it's absurd to call him a Nazi. But I'm the idiot because I won't call Obama a Nazi, don't blame gas prices on him and don't bash the president for every single thing he does. Never mind I don't bash any presidents, it's just not something I do.

Quoting Carpy:

Ya, know, there was a bit of sarcasm in that post.  Not a lot but a bit.

Quoting jllcali:

The "if they don't think like me so there must be something wrong with them" mentality is never going to help anything. It shuts down any productive dialogue.

Quoting Carpy:

SOP on here.  Personally I think all Obama supporters are braindamaged. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes, sweets. I assumed you could read back to see who did it, and discern that to be the "she" to whom i referred. My bad. I just Find it interesting that some Are patting sweets on the back for claiming people should not generalize, all while ignoring HER frequent generalizations of the right.

Quoting survivorinohio:

She who?  Sweets?

No its not different.  I am very careful to use words like some :)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

She also, in the same breath, generalized what the RIGHT says that is actually only said by a few but apparently that is okay and somehow "DIFFERENT"??? *Smdh*

Quoting survivorinohio:

Exactly.

Quoting Proud2BWeird:

Sweet said "the left doesn't say that".

You said "yes, they do, and here's a video to prove it"

Your video doesn't show "the left" saying it, it's shows someone who leans left saying it. It's not like it's something commonly said by those on the left.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Huh? Sorry, but there isn't enough coffee in Columbia to help me figure that out.

Quoting Proud2BWeird:

Just because *someone * on the left (or right) said something doesn't mean *the left (or right)* says it!

Generalizations drive me crazy.

Quoting Farmlady09:

You can lie about it forever ~ there is a video in the link proving you are lying ~ but it doesn't change the truth.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The left doesn't say tht

But the right suggests that you should be happy if you get pregnant by a rape and feel its a blessing

And it probably wasn't rape anyway since a legitimate rape would've caused the woman's body to shut down

She was probably just a slut asking for it

Quoting Farmlady09:

The picture isn't funny ~ nor is it disgusting. What is disgusting are those on the left who outright say that women are not capable of being trusted to use a gun to protect themselves and offer urination as a substitute for legally carrying a gun for protection. They ARE disgusting, vile, humorless, and tasteless ... but they wrap it all up in a package that proclaims they are for women's rights and some people are dumb enough to buy it.

Yes, that suggestion came from the LEFT ~ not the RIGHT. The pic isn't making fun of rape victims, it is pointing out the fact that the left doesn't give a crap how many women end up getting raped as long as they can control guns.

Quoting SilverSterling:

I pray that those of you who think that picture is humorous are never the victim of rape nor are your daughters... As a survivor I will say this again.. It was VILE, Humorless and TASTELESS to have posted that picture let alone make jokes about it.. Its Ignorant and thoughtless to the countless men woman and children who are victims of rape. I pray to God that he shows those of you who call yourselves Christians how truly UGLY you are for even thinking there was humor in posting that picture.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You absolutely have repeatedly insinuated it by saying over and over you hope nothing like it DOES happen to those disagreeing with you.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Your continued assertions that anyone who disagrees with you can not possibly have been in that situation is as offensive as anything else in this thread.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

The urination/vomiting was a suggestion on what to do during an attack. If you get caught off guard and have no weapon on you there are measures suggested during an attack to potentially prevent the attacker from following through with the rape. I don't know about you all but if I'm faced by an attacker, perhaps disarmed, I'm willing to do anything to make it stop. In all likelihood I'll vomit/and or pee out of sheer terror. Idc what I've got to do, I'm willing to give any tactic a try. 

I had no weapon on me.  If any woman thinks she will never be caught off guard or that having that weapon is going to some how bring about magical powers, they are lying to themselves.

We should do what we can, if we are able, with what we have.  Regardless of that includes a weapon, vomiting or urinating to try to stop the attack.

Some women haven't a clue and merely assume they know what they would do or what some one else should do.  I pray those who are so blind never find themselves in the position of being proven wrong.

That is not what I said.  

I have never assumed some one who disagrees with me has, or has not, been raped.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

You absolutely have repeatedly insinuated it by saying over and over you hope nothing like it DOES happen to those disagreeing with you.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

That is not what I said.  

Not quite.

I hope nothing like that ever happens to anyone, whether they disagree with more or not.

Just as you feel that meme, and what it says, is fine and appropriate, I feel otherwise.  It is that simple.

I'm not out to change your mind or opinion, or that of any one else.  I am simply stating how I feel and how I see it.  

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Who's claim? I made no mention of Anything from the 90's and your post wasn't quoting anyone else's

It HAS been stated that 2008 average was 2 something

As can be clearly seen here it was on a continuous rise from 2000-2008

Quoting Carpy:

I know, this is a hard concept for you, but her claim was THE EARLY 90'S.  Let me highlight that era for you.  I did the entire decade to make it easier for you.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

2007 has was over $3

Quoting Carpy:

1990 - $1.341

1991 - $1.053

1992 - $1.069

1993 - $0.999

1994 - $1.077 (this is the year that reformulated gas was introduced)

1995 - $1.082

1996 - $1.227

1997 - $1.112

1998 - $0.993

1999 - $1.273

2000 - $1.414

2001 - $1.096

2002 - $1.441

2003 - $1.478

2004 - $1.791

2005 - $2.197

2006 - $2.341

2007 - $3.053

Source is US Dept of Energy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Redwall
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I love it...

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww, someone must have gotten hurt.  Since you obviously don't know what you are talking about, either reread the whole thread or keep out of it.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Who's claim? I made no mention of Anything from the 90's and your post wasn't quoting anyone else's

It HAS been stated that 2008 average was 2 something

As can be clearly seen here it was on a continuous rise from 2000-2008

Quoting Carpy:

I know, this is a hard concept for you, but her claim was THE EARLY 90'S.  Let me highlight that era for you.  I did the entire decade to make it easier for you.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

2007 has was over $3

Quoting Carpy:

1990 - $1.341

1991 - $1.053

1992 - $1.069

1993 - $0.999

1994 - $1.077 (this is the year that reformulated gas was introduced)

1995 - $1.082

1996 - $1.227

1997 - $1.112

1998 - $0.993

1999 - $1.273

2000 - $1.414

2001 - $1.096

2002 - $1.441

2003 - $1.478

2004 - $1.791

2005 - $2.197

2006 - $2.341

2007 - $3.053

Source is US Dept of Energy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN