Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I Wanna Know Where the Gold At!

Posted by   + Show Post

New clue revealed in hunt for hidden treasure worth millions

The multimillionaire art collector who hid a treasure chest worth millions revealed a new clue Friday to the loot he’s giving away, but the hint doesn’t appear to narrow the possibilities much.

“The treasure is hidden higher than 5,000 feet above sea level,” Forrest Fenn told TODAY viewers. Find the nine previous clues for the treasure here

That leaves a lot of ground to cover in mountainous New Mexico, where Fenn lives and the treasure is presumably buried. The average elevation in the state is 5,700 feet.

“I’m not going to put an X on the map for you,” he said when asked for more hints.

Fenn, 82, said life has “been hectic” since he first described his treasure Wednesday on TODAY. Heavy online traffic caused Fenn’s website to crash as hopeful treasure finders sought to read a poem he penned that contains nine clues.

The art collector said he buried the treasure to help create an adventure that would get Americans off the couch.

"Get your kids out in the countryside, take them fishing and get them away from their little hand-held machines," he told TODAY earlier this week.

The poem Fenn wrote, “The Thrill of the Chase,” is also the title of his self-published autobiography.

Neon Washable Paint

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I might have it narrowed down a bit but I need some maps and air photographs.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Google Earth?

Quoting stormcris:

Neon Washable Paint

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Going to work on this I love puzzles.

Quoting NWP:

Google Earth?

Quoting stormcris:

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you find it....I would love to find it.

Quoting stormcris:

Going to work on this I love puzzles.

Quoting NWP:

Google Earth?

Quoting stormcris:

Neon Washable Paint

cammibear
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
If I had the money, I would travel the world treasure hunting.
I'm saving for a good metal detector. We have huge, dried up riverbeds around here that I'm dying to search for arrow heads and artifacts around. I'd love to search beaches too. I could definitely get into this hobby!

Quoting NWP:

Treasure hunting sounds exciting.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

http://www.spindlequest.com/newmexicogold.html

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Well,here is your chance to go after a real treasure chest full of gold....Folks assume it is in NM because that is where this man lives...but he only gives cryptic clues in his poem and now says it is above 5000 ft sea level.

I would look into it if my kids were older and I was a bit better at word puzzles.

Quoting cammibear:

If I had the money, I would travel the world treasure hunting.
I'm saving for a good metal detector. We have huge, dried up riverbeds around here that I'm dying to search for arrow heads and artifacts around. I'd love to search beaches too. I could definitely get into this hobby!

Quoting NWP:

Treasure hunting sounds exciting.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

http://www.spindlequest.com/newmexicogold.html

Neon Washable Paint

meriana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM

It would be really fun to be able to look for it, whether or not one actually found it. However, treasure hunting, like pretty much everything, takes money or at least the ability to live without ones paycheck whilest looking for the treasure

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I would imagine that in this case it would need to be a carefully planned family vacation...with the research/theories developed before you go. It could be fun for the right family...a nice change from Disney World.
Quoting meriana:

It would be really fun to be able to look for it, whether or not one actually found it. However, treasure hunting, like pretty much everything, takes money or at least the ability to live without ones paycheck whilest looking for the treasure

Neon Washable Paint

krysstizzle
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I've heard this was a hoax (the man has a book he wrote out, and it gets brought up fairly regularly). I have no idea, though, because most of the people saying it's just a publicity stunt are the ones who live around Santa Fe in the mountains. Apparently there was some issue with people leaving messes and whatnot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
He was on the national news and the morning talk shows last week...so it seems more legit than a hoax...or if it is a hoax, he may have some major blowback as well as the networks that were promoting him. That said, I can believe the Santa Fe folks would not be welcoming to national treasure hunters invading their wilderness. LOL
Quoting krysstizzle:

I've heard this was a hoax (the man has a book he wrote out, and it gets brought up fairly regularly). I have no idea, though, because most of the people saying it's just a publicity stunt are the ones who live around Santa Fe in the mountains. Apparently there was some issue with people leaving messes and whatnot.

Neon Washable Paint

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN