Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Well, if you think you’re a man…I’m going to treat you like a man.’”

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 43 Replies

Sondra Scarber, Texas Lesbian, Says She Was Attacked In Anti-Gay Hate Crime

Posted:

A Texas-based lesbian claims she was beaten unconscious after coming to the defense of bullied child at a playground.

WFAA reports that 27-year-old Sondra Scarber had to have her jaw wired shut after injuries sustained in a Feb. 17 attack at the Seabourn Elementary School's playground in Mesquite, Tex.

Scarber says she tried to intervene after she witnessed older children teasing her girlfriend Hillary Causey's 4-year-son Jaxon around when a scuffle erupted between her and a child's father.

The man, who has not been identified in news reports, began punching and kicking Scarber while shouting a series of anti-gay slurs.

"When he walked up thinking it was father and mom with the kid, he wasn’t as angry, but then when he figured out it was a female, he got like super pissed, and I don’t know why," Causey told the news station. “He was like, ‘Well, if you think you’re a man…I’m going to treat you like a man.’”

As Instinct Magazine points out, the attack is not currently being investigated as a hate crime.

In March 2012, a Dallas attack on two gay men believed to have been targeted because of their sexual orientation was classified as a hate crime.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I hope he will be locked up for good.

He lets his kid to bully other children, then he beats a woman - what a POS.

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Stellar man there..smh. If it went down the way this story reports..Hate crime indeed!

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Why it's NOT investigated as a hate crime?

Victim said, he got angry and started to beat her up AFTER he figured out she is a lesbian.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Exactly what I am thinking.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Stellar man there..smh. If it went down the way this story reports..Hate crime indeed!

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this

SMH, what an awesome way to teach your children to go to jail! I agree, he is a POS.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

BUMP

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

:( That poor woman, and the kid being bullied :(

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

The person I feel the worst for is the man's child.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I do not like the term "hate crime" but if this is true he should certainly be punished to the max. I hate women beaters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)