Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Okay, so I'm watching the documentary "Bully" as we speak.  I have already cried more than a few times and I am now completely horrified by the idea of sending my little ones off to school.  

Is it just me or is the principal at Alex's school a complete, nonsensical b*%&@? Actually I'm pretty sure that all of the administrators/educators they have interviewed or shown in this movie are completely out of touch with what is happening with these kids, but I actually woke my little one up yelling at the T.V. screen when she was talking to his parents about him being bullied on the bus.

If you haven't seen it, watch it.  If you older kids or teenagers, watch it with them.  

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Replies (21-21):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I have heard of the movie but have not had the chance to watch it. I will need to find it on on-demand. I have heard it is an excellent movie though.

Without having watched it however, I can testify to the "clue-less-ness" of teachers and admins. My one child was bullied very badly from grade K through 4 and the teachers and admins blamed her and never took action against the bully herself. Many times teachers find it easier to ignore the behavior and turn a blind eye rather than dealing with the problem at hand. Now since the anti-bullying and zero-tolerance policy- teachers are held more accountable. This new policy has made a world of difference.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN