Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Get rid of DHS!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM
  • 145 Replies
4 moms liked this
I was thinking about this and since so many people seem to believe everything to do with their child should be left alone.. "my child, my right" and the government should "stay out of my business" than get rid of DHS. It's government funded and if everything is the parents right.. What's the point?? A child being starved is considered neglect but a morbidly obese child is a parental choice.

I was thinking this after seeig a 4-5 year old last night in a restaurant who couldn't walk right and was squeezed into booth because she was so obese. She had an adult size platter and dessert which she ate in minutes. But, who gives a shit? Her mother has the right to slowly kill her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:13 AM
What's "DHS"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Department of human services or child protective services. It's called DHS where I live

Quoting Donna6503:

What's "DHS"?
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Oh ok, thanks

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Department of human services or child protective services. It's called DHS where I live

Quoting Donna6503:

What's "DHS"?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Bump
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM
5 moms liked this
Interesting point. So many moms here do yell "my child, my right" and then yell "Call CPS" when they think another mom has messed up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM
5 moms liked this

It is my right to choose the people who medically see about my child.

It is not my right to commit any of the hundreds of criminal acts that would land me in jail if I did it to anyone who is not my child. This is why we have CPS.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
3 moms liked this
That is not my question. If we neglected our
Children by starving hen, we would be arrested and CPS would take our children away. However, when the government and school officials try to intervene on children who are obese, parents cry it is their right. Why? Why is it okay and none of the governments business when a child is morbidly obese?

Quoting stormcris:

It is not my right to commit any of the hundreds of criminal acts that would land me in jail if I did it to anyone who is not my child. This is why we have CPS.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this
In other words, why do we get to pick and choose what is okay to do to our children. Starvation and obesity are equally harmful. One just kills quicker.
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:52 AM

CPS intervenes with obesity as well. 

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Children by starving hen, we would be arrested and CPS would take our children away. However, when the government and school officials try to intervene on children who are obese, parents cry it is their right. Why? Why is it okay and none of the governments business when a child is morbidly obese?

Quoting stormcris:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM
It is very rare. And it is usually reported by the school in both cases. So, what is wrong with the school screening. It's the same.

Quoting stormcris:

CPS interviens with obesity as well. 

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting stormcris:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)